Welcome to Holland America Line, the premium cruise line dedicated to explorers, foodies and music lovers who want to explore the world on perfectly sized, refreshingly uncrowded ships filled with one-of-a-kind experiences.
COMMITTED TO THE TRANSFORMATIVE POWER OF TRAVEL
Companies that strive to be great have a higher purpose beyond commercial success. An enlightened company seeks to make the world a better place. At Holland America Line, our guiding purpose is to help unite the world through travel. We do this by introducing our guests to new lands and ways of life, fostering greater understanding and empathy among the people of our planet. Our office is located in the beautiful city of Seattle, on the Elliott Bay waterfront just a short distance from downtown. Our Corporate Team supports a fleet of 10 modern classic ships offers more than 500 sailings a year visiting all seven continents.
Our Culture… Stronger Together
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Holland America Group is currently searching for a highly motivated Reservations Accounting Agent who is responsible for various duties supporting the accurate financial handling of accounting issues relating to reservations.
- Ensures incoming travel agent, guest, and internal accounting related calls and emails are handled in a timely, efficient manner.
- Responsible for the accurate audit and initiation of fund transfers and refunds resulting from overpayment and cancellations.
- Collects and follows through on outstanding receivables and communicates status to management.
- Acts as customer service representative for passenger re-accommodations due to unforeseen circumstances such as canceled sailings.
- Assist Reservations Sales in answering phones during peak volume periods.
- Respond to post-sailing onboard billing inquires and initiate refunds for onboard bill disputes.
- Assist with HAL Gift Card inquiries and refunds via call and email.
- Assist with auditing for voyage reconciliation and processing changes after voyages have been closed.
- Ability to work remotely from home
- Minimum 6 months cruise line reservations experience
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills with proficient use of 10 key calculator
- Computer knowledge and experience must include Outlook, Word and Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of HAL cancellation policies and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with strong attention to detail
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Strong problem solving skills
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Next Steps… For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. … Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy: Apply online at https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/careers.html. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Holland America website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact email@example.com.