Job Description Summary
AS GE Healthcare prepares for its planned separation from GE, this role will support GEHC in executing the supplier strategy for post-spin and will be responsible for managing all supplier sourcing and management as it pertains to the Healthcare Professional Travel Programs as a part of the Global Travel and Living Category. The HCP Travel Sourcing Manager role is pivotal in driving savings and efficiencies through management of supplier base. The role collaborates with GEHC Global Sourcing Leaders, SBU Leaders and their teams. The candidate uses prior experience/expertise to execute functional strategy; leverages in-depth understanding of business strategy to accomplish work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define supplier strategy including management and optimization of supplier panels for travel and meeting programs. Lead negotiations and allocate needs to specific suppliers. Negotiate terms and conditions and transmit information to Procurement. Includes commercial sourcing management such as data analysis, negotiations support, etc.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of travel management for Healthcare Professionals. Uses prior experience and acquired expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
- Impacts projects, processes and procedures in own field by implementing and operating a global HCP travel program
- Ensures compliance of all HCP travel requirements and reporting needs globally
- Build partnership with key business stakeholders to support the needs of the business. Communicate with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered. Provides informal guidance to new team members. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Utilizes technical expertise and judgement to solve problems. Leverages technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Industry relevant experience, such as roles within healthcare, pharmaceutical or biopharma industry
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university or college in Engineering, Business, Finance or Supply Chain Management
- 3 - 5 years’ work experience in sourcing, procurement, operations or supply chain.
- Excellent negotiations skills and analytical skills with the ability to manage and develop relationships at all levels and across different cultures.
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments and targets
- Great stakeholder management - able to understand internal customers’ needs and deliver them from the supplier base
- Can work in a matrix and under pressure against deadlines and deliver them from the suppliers
- Able to balance priorities and pivot when necessary
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of time
- Commercial sourcing experience in all facets of travel management
- Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments
- Experience implementing a compliant supply chain
- Greenbelt certification preference
The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000 - $120,000 annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for variable incentive compensation. Available benefits include health, welfare, retirement and paid leave.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No