The Corporate Travel Assistant is responsible for coordinating the company’s travel needs. Duties include scheduling hotel, car and flight accommodations and procuring necessary documents such as passports, visas, and other clearances. This individual ensures that the travel needs are met within the constraints of the company travel budget and policies. Further, the position requires verbal and written communication, independent judgment and discretion, priority determinations, execution of ESG policies, attention to details, follow-through skills as well as interpersonal skills. These are required to work harmoniously and communicate (verbal and written) with management, and co-workers inter and intra-departmentally.
- Completes all travel requests, i.e. airline tickets, hotel reservations, car, train, meeting rooms
- Professional knowledge of airline rules, regulations and procedures
- Researches and implements cost-saving strategies for travel and meeting requirements
- Negotiates hotel and car company contracts
- Proactively seeks and negotiates preferred vendor agreements
- Interline Airline Reporting- settlement to airlines of sales, refunds, exchanges and adjustments
- Completes commission tracking and reconciliation
- Serves as Concur Administrator for travel
- Performs reconciliation of the Corporate American Express Travel card statements
- Oversees Trams-Back office accounting and reporting process
- This position requires experience and knowledge of various travel industry software packages, internet and intra-net database administration, and legal and regulatory compliance.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in Tourism and Hospitality industry
- Proficient with global distribution system(s) (we use WorldSpan)
- High attention to detail
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to recieve ARC certification
- Certified ARC specialist
- Ability to proficiently operate Microsoft Office suite programs and other database building software experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills and phone etiquette skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior members at ESG, as well as with external organizations, customers, and the public
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work at a desk and operate a computer, often sitting for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally have to lift and/or move up to 10 to 20 pounds.
The employee is required to practice, recognize, and interpret safety precautions and follow safety rules and OSHA requirements as they relate to the job.
The employee is required to work in an indoor environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Consistent and reliable attendance is required.
Energy Systems Group reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including main accountabilities, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.”
Energy Systems Group prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Energy Systems Group to implement opportunities for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability, veteran, or any other legally protected status, as embodied in federal, state, and local legislation. Equal employment is a part of all of our personnel policies and practices, including but not limited to, all hiring, placement, promotions, transfers, advertising, training, and termination policies.