*WORK FROM HOME POSITION ANYWHERE WITHIN THE U.S.*
Have you had the desire to support the entertainment and production industry? Do you want to join an elite team of travel consultants who work with elite clients? The Elite VIP Travel Consultant may be your opportunity to do all of these.
The Elite VIP Travel Consultant, Production is responsible for accurately and efficiently handling incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, etc.).
The travel consultant is this primary point of contact for the customer and provides active travel consultation towards the business customers, including providing travel details and up-selling of related product.
This position performs at an expert/senior level and demonstrates an extensive understanding and applicability of all areas in the travel industry. Works independently on requests. Takes the initiative to provide assistance to team members and management as requested.
Apollo and Sabre GDS experience are required (both preferred). Strong international reservations experience a must; experience with production clientele/teams strongly preferred.
This position is a 36hr work-week, which includes Saturday 8:30am-9pm ET,Sunday 830am-9pm ET and Wednesday 9pm-9:30am ET.
A 15% shift differential is offered for this position.
Job Specific Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Expertly use the appropriate the BCD Travel tools and systems to complete requests
- Search and confirm travel reservations for the customer
- Strong understanding of a client travel policy and can appropriately guide and consistently provide consultation to the customer
- Provide travel offers and general travel advice to travelers
- Responds to requests accurately and completely
- Excellent knowledge and application of travel supplier rules
- Maintains, actively communicates and seeks expansion of current knowledge of the state of the various travel industries supported
- Provides the customer with the required industry information, such as low fares, exchange costs and penalties
- Can fulfill all requests regarding necessary regulations (DOT, TSA, passports, visas, etc.)
- Supports BCD Travel and client driven initiatives
Specific to Elite Services:
- The ability to solve problems on the spot using various tools and expert communication skills
- The person must be able to own problems throughout the lifecycle of issue and be available to respond as necessary
- The ability to design, execute and document solutions outside of the normal processes
- The ability to make independent decisions under stressful situations
- The individual must be able to work with other department to resolve issues even during off hours.
- The ability to work with 3rd party vendors and negotiate solutions on behalf of the traveler
- Must be able to accept and provide feedback based on traveler experience.
- Individual must possess a strong vocabulary and be able and willing to assist to overcome communication challenges.
- Must be able to work in a 'self-directed" environment
- The individual must be willing to work shifts outside of the normal work week and be available to assist during operational need.
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. The employee may be asked to perform other duties and responsibilities, as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 plus years experience in the corporate travel management industry
- Experience with production and/or entertainment clientele
- Solid working knowledge of the travel industry, policies, procedures and processes
- Advanced skills with Apollo and Sabre GDS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in designated languages
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment
- Demonstrated excellent professional customer service and problem resolution skills
- Strong problem solving and/or critical thinking skills
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information
- Degree in tourism-related field