The Manager, Travel Technologies role is responsible for overseeing the GDS and Mid Office support teams and providing support to agents and internal departments that require assistance in resolving issues that could affect multiple points of the support structure within Agency Services and Operations. The role will be responsible for overseeing the team supporting these requests and ensuring that the requests are researched, tracked, escalated and resolved. The role is also responsible for Mid-Office operations and overseeing development and enhancements of new and existing Mid-Office processes. Collaboration between all departments is a must to ensure processes are working efficiently and that training needs (where applicable) are brought to the attention of appropriate departments to reduce the number of reported errors and concerns
- Manage the GDS (Sabre) Support and Mid-Office (Concur Compleat) Support teams.
- Oversee Mid-Office processes as well as development and implementation of new routines.
- Lead Sabre 360 implementation for the organization.
- Working in the Service Desk environment, requests are opened for questions and concerns from multiple departments. The requests can include, but are not limited to:
- Agent GDS Questions (formats, workflow, processes).
- Agent & Agency Implementations.
- GDS Software installation & support.
- TripCase agent & client support/corporate client setups.
- Hotel Rate Code Updates.
- Agent processing questions and concerns.
- Miscellaneous Ticketing and Processing Requests.
- Review Bookings for Fraud.
- Sabre Profiles Issues.
- Evaluate and escalate issues for training opportunities. Collaborate with training team, Operations Supervisors and Managers to highlight reoccurring issues, errors, and gaps in GDS skills.
- Evaluate and escalate issues to other IT and Operational teams as necessary.
- Continuously review and enhance communication procedures and channels to ensure proper delivery of relevant information to agents and support teams.
- 7+ years’ experience on Travel GDS system: SABRE (Other GDS systems a plus).
- Familiarity with Mid-Office tools such as Concur Compleat (GDSx) or iQCX.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and able to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of the travel industry.
- Demonstrates a positive & "just own it" attitude that leads to creative problem solving and solutions.
- Flexible work hours.