The Senior Corporate Travel Consultant - Entertainment is responsible for accurately and efficiently handling incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, etc.). They are the primary point of contact for active travel consultation for travelers.
This person performs at an expert/senior level and demonstrates an extensive understanding and applicability of all areas in the travel industry. They must be able to work independently and maintain the confidentiality of the client.
Sabre GDS skills required. The hours for this position are TBD between 9am - 10pm ET, M-F
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- - Books routine reservations for air travel, hotel and car rentals, with detailed follow for completion and changes to complete the reservation.
- - Books small groups and equipment movements for music bands and the like, involving special arrangements for large amounts of equipment
- - Charters private aircraft when scheduled aircraft does not meet needs.
- - Books special and unique services as required by clientele.
- - Schedules meet and greet services for airport escort services.
- - Responds to requests for price quotations utilizing automated system(s) for domestic and international itineraries.
- - Conforms to client travel standards and policies.
- - Promotes the acceptance of fares, rates, and suppliers that match the client's travel program policies and negotiated contracts. Applies discount programs appropriately.
- - Moves market share for BCD Travel preferred suppliers.
- - Maintains and promotes professional and courteous client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
- - Remains informed of all airline rules and regulations and current affairs. Communicates information to clients accurately and appropriately.
- - Achieves individual and contractual service level goals related to telephone, quality, and productivity.
- - Maintains client profiles, ensuring specials requests and reward program information such as frequent flyer/driver/hotel stay are included.
- - Monitors, sorts and works global distribution systems (GDS) queues daily to maintain quality control.
- - Ensures optimum customer service through effective use of phone systems and positive telephone service techniques.
- - Knows and properly uses: airline terminology, codes, fare basis, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books, and industry contacts.
- - Minimum of four (4) + years active Travel Consultant experience in the past 6 years.
- - Prior entertainment industry experience
- - Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism
- - Strong domestic knowledge and basic international knowledge.
- - Above average productivity level (subject to management assessment for off-the-phone projects).
- - Achieve established office goals for measurable accuracy.
- - Exceptional customer service skills.
- - Proficiency on Sabre GDS system.
- - Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information.