Seattle Genetics is looking for a Travel Manager who will lead, develop, and maintain our global travel program for our growing company.
The ideal candidate for this role will be experienced in global travel management, vendor/partner relationship and performance management, corporate travel credit card management and Concur administration. They will stay current with industry trends and have the ability to understand the business and effectively enhance our program to meet the needs of our business travelers. They will be asked to evaluate all aspects of our current corporate travel program and assess potential areas for operational improvement and cost savings.
This person should be excited about solving problems and have a successful history of doing so. They should also be able to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple functions and interact with employees at various levels.
- Own all aspects Seattle Genetics global travel program
- Lead procurement strategy and negotiations with airlines, hotels and other service providers
- Define and administer Travel Policy rules and requirements such as spending guidelines and class of service policies in the Concur travel and expense application
- Act as primary business owner for Concur, interacting closely with the technical team and travel agency to ensure information is accurate and preferred vendors are indicated clearly in the application
- Manage and administer the corporate travel credit card program to ensure the best value is being achieved and reporting requirements are met
- Communicate security, airline, hotel and ground transportation requirements clearly and in a timely fashion to key stakeholders and travelers
- Establish and monitor programs for support of safety and security for our employees while traveling for business
- Assess new opportunities through new travel technologies and process improvement
- Create business case for potential opportunities assessing benefits and risks of solution
- Analyze travel spend data to identify trends, gaps and opportunities
- Establish performance management requirements for key suppliers and measure compliance with requirements
- Evaluate ongoing initiatives for continuous improvement
- Manage travel policy, be adept to traveler behavior and marketplace conditions, and recommend best practices
- Benchmark, analyze, monitor and report travel spend as well as ensure compliance with corporate travel policy
- Provide consultation on travel industry changes and developments, addressing impact to Seattle Genetics travel program
- Resolve and communicate travel issues as needed
- Work closely with Meeting/Events and administrative teams to optimize travel related to important company events, meetings, conferences, etc.
- Establish communications strategy and become SME for company travel
- Lead general maintenance activities on platforms and systems including Concur
- Act as primary point of contact for all travel related issues for all company employees
- Minimum of 10 years of direct responsibility for overall travel program in a rapidly growing global company. Life science experience a plus
- Minimum of seven years experience in the Global Business Travel industry. Strong knowledge and experience of service delivery, international challenges, technologies, best practices and new trends, processes, and compliance
- Minimum of five years experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and timelines
- The ability to work in a team environment and operate with a high level of initiative and personal accountability
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to influence various levels of the organization and adjust style to fit audience. This includes strong presentation skills and executive presence
- Ability to draw strategic insight from analysis and to effectively summarize and present insight based on the needs of the audience
- Ability to interface / engage with travelers and suppliers via strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work with a high level of detail with accuracy, precision, and organization
- The ability to take initiative and demonstrate ownership and pride in their work to ensure the company has a successful travel program where employees engaging in the program have a seamless experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.