Rich Entertainment Group (REG) operates a vast and dynamic collection of entertainment businesses dedicated to bringing friends and families together through unique and memorable experiences.
Our love of food is reflected in our many dining and hospitality operations, including WNY’s preferred caterer, Rich’s Catering & Special Events; Cookie Patisserie & Bakery, your source for incredible wedding cakes and desserts for all occasions; and our collection of restaurants in Islamorada, FA, Kaiyo Grill & Sushi and Green Turtle Inn. We operate three minor league baseball teams, including the Buffalo Bisons, where we combine our passion for sports, entertainment and delicious food to create an affordable family experience at the ballpark. Celebrating WNY’s picturesque waterfront, we manage Canalside and Outer Harbor, which host a variety of arts, cultural, entertainment and fitness activities. The Travel Team, our esteemed full-service travel provider, delivers exceptional travel experiences to corporate, group and leisure customers around the world.
The many entities of REG are owned by Rich’s, a family-owned food company working in 100 locations globally with annual sales exceeding $4 billion.
To learn more, visit www.richentertainmentgroup.com.
Do you have a passion for customer service and travel? Do you thrive on assisting others? In this role, associates are trained to manage travel requests for our entire customer base whether it be domestic and international air, exchanges, hotel, car reservations, limo reservations, destination assistance, help with online reservations or similar. Associate must be enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Have a clearly defined understanding of client requirements and travel policies (through training)
- Working knowledge of domestic airline rules, rates
- Knowledge of worldwide passport and visa requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of worldwide geography and trip routing options
- Awareness and knowledge of international airline rules, rates and routings
- Work within an integrated, innovative customer-experience focused group
- Manage traveler arrangements (i.e. air, car, hotel, rail, ground transportation) through a variety of tools per the travel and travel arranger’s request.
- Follow pre-established processes: Utilize process management, needs assessment, interpreting voice of client, utilize technology tools
- Adhere to and maintain The Travel Team’s Service Level Agreements
- Utilize individual team resources to recommend innovative solutions and process enhancements.
- Engage in monthly training sessions and engagement team offerings as well as bi-weekly group update sessions
- Participate in quarterly discussions with your manager whereby goals are established and measured utilizing the Agent Scorecard
- Bachelor’s degree desired, but not required
- Working knowledge of various technology platforms, online booking concepts, Microsoft Office tools, email and the like
- Familiarity with GDS systems, online booking tool concepts, and working with scripts helpful. Training available
- Ability to exude exceptional customer service through all distribution channels (oral, written, electronic)
- Experience and working knowledge of Sabre travel software
- TICO certification for the purpose of servicing Canadian customers - if you do not have this, you will need to acquire this in this role
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at email@example.com if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process