Job Title: Travel Counselor
Job Duration: Temp to Hire
- Operating in a 7 day a week 8a-8p ET environment with variable shift opportunities for days, nights and weekends.
- Act as Travel Advisor and Consultant to a single or multiple Corporate Business accounts with the willingness to jump in and flexibility in shifts to meet client needs.
- Support other work, including other customers when directed to do so by leadership.
- Act as the point of sale on all Domestic & International travel requirements, arranging both routine and complex travel for air, rail, car, and Hotel accommodation, utilizing one or multiple Global Distribution Systems (GDS), Sabre, Apollo, Galileo, Amadeus.
- Provide consultative advice, solutions, and recommendations.
- Additionally, pro-actively selling additional service for our travelers (e.g. Hotel and Car), whilst ensuring adherence to the customers agreed travel policy and requirements.
- Complying with all legal standard requirements, which include mandatory training, compliance and sanctions.
- Deliver expectations on individual/shared team goals and support all business Key Performance Indicators.
- Proactively review your metrics to check on and improve performance.
- Follow internal compliance and regulatory requirements for all customers and locations supported.
- Manage the end-to-end booking process through the ticketing and order fulfillment, either over the telephone, via messaging or via email or back-office systems and servicing platforms.
- Operate in a telephony servicing environment where you are accountable to key performance indicators of success, such as customer satisfaction (CSAT), key productivity metrics (for example call adherence and call service metrics), and driving key partnerships and sale of preferred air and hotel partners.
- Operate in a Multi-Channel servicing environment where you are accountable to key performance indicators of success, such as customer satisfaction (CSAT), key productivity metrics (for example call adherence and call service metrics. Use positive telephone service techniques; act on special customer requests and maintain excellent client relations
- Meeting the servicing of your nominated account or clients travel requirements, whilst adhering to your nominated call schedule daily, and reporting any variances in the workforce management scheduling tool to your Team Coach Coach, develop and mentor more junior Travel Counsellor colleagues in the team as needed. Express enthusiasm and energy within the organization and always act according to company ethics, values, and Compliance guidelines.
- Working phone, email or chat booking air, rail, hotel and car rental. Investigates/action Travel Counsellors reservations/PNR for ticketing, quality/accuracy, client escalations or lowest fare (e.g., CSI/CSR, Trailblazer)
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- GDS experience required. This could be Sabre, Apollo, Amadeus.
- Detailed understanding of fares and ticketing rules, for car, air, hotel travel
- Knowledge and experience of: Air, rail, hotel, car booking
- Calculating and Processing exchanges
- Experience working in a high touch service environment where performance is measured
- Experience working in a team
- Background in Business Travel, leisure or airline reservation required
- Passion for Excellence in Client Service
- Excellent Professional Communication both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented - ability to act with integrity, and deal sensitively with personal and confidential traveler information
- Ability to research and resolve customer service and traveler issues independently and /or with supplier
- Problem Solving, with a process improvement mindset
- Able to work under pressure, with a sense of urgency while maintaining a professional rapport and multi-task, accepting, and adapting to change quickly and professionally
- Ability to positively influence team and peers
- Learning agility and ability to act on constructive feedback
- Possess a strong understanding of travel trends and industry best practices