Company Overview | Close Up’s mission is to?inform, inspire, and empower young people to exercise the rights and accept the responsibilities of citizens in a democracy.?As a nonprofit/nonpartisan leader in civic education since 1971, we believe that a strong democracy requires active and informed participation by all citizens; therefore, we seek to reach participants of every race, creed, geographical community, socioeconomic level, and academic standing.
Close Up is seeking a responsible, organized and customer service-oriented individual to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks to support our transportation operation. The position will assist in problem solving logistical issues during our weekly operation. Duties will involve finalizing travel plans for our participants, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing and data entry along with offering customer service support for our weekend operation as the on-call weekend Manager on Duty (MOD). The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using all Microsoft 365 applications and office equipment.
Monday through Friday: 10:00AM-6:00PM.
- Two weekends, per month (would be in lieu of two days of work during the week), Saturday and Sunday on-call MOD January-June
- Weekend Hours: 9:00AM-6:00PM, times may vary
- Additional on-call MOD duties may be required
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Weekly administrative duties assisting with various projects related to the transportation operation.
- Completing administrative and clerical tasks to meet weekly deadlines.
- Preparing, proofing and editing spreadsheets, reports, and emails.
- Weekday on-call support for airport/hotel emergencies.
- Assisting with customer service phone calls.
- Communicate logistical changes with assigned weekend operation staff.
- Assist with special projects throughout the program year.
- Provide bi-weekly office support to Operation Control agents in office for weekend transportation group’s arrivals and departures.
- Assist with re-accommodation for emergency transportation issues; rebooking cancelled participants, securing vehicles for ground transportation and staff assignments at the airport.
- Provide customer service to group chaperones for travel disruptions and or cancellations /travel emergencies.
- Interact with internal departments/Close Up employees to ensure open line of communication throughout the weekend operation.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic office skills.
- Knowledge of the airline and hospitality industry preferred, but not required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Compensation and Benefits | Close Up provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes three robust medical insurance plans, dental insurance (more than 90% of the premiums are company paid), and vision. Close Up pays 100% of the premiums for life/AD&D insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and offers flexible spending and dependent care accounts, a 403(b) retirement savings program, paid vacation/sick/holidays, paid parental leave, metro subsidy or free garage parking, free on-site gym, and a positive work environment.