Anthony Travel is looking for a service-oriented travel professional to work onsite at Purdue University and handle the travel arrangements for the campus staff and faculty. The ideal candidate will have experience booking domestic and international travel using the Sabre reservations system. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Book domestic and international reservations for air, ground, hotel, and rail.
- Maintain and promote professional and courteous client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
- Protect client’s data, and actively comply with Anthony Travel’s PCI standards.
- Always maintain client confidentiality regarding data and travel.
- Promote the client’s travel program policies, negotiated contracts, and preferred vendors. Apply discount programs appropriately and recommend preferred vendors.
- Establish a strong relationship with client preferred vendor representatives.
- Knows and properly uses: airline terminology, codes, fare basis, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books, and industry contacts.
- Remain informed of all airline rules and regulations and current affairs
- Achieves individual and contractual service level goals related to productivity.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
- Must be able to take direction, be professional and work with the client in the same office.
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet ticketing deadlines.
- Prefer five (5) + years Travel Consultant experience using Sabre.
- Minimum of 1-2 years international experience.
- Knowledge of general office PC-based programs, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.