At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate different perspectives to foster excellence across our organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
- Enjoy doing things that people say can’t be done? Innovation is at the center of everything we do.
- Hate red tape? We remove roadblocks instead of creating them.
- Working parent? We provide childcare assistance and paid parental leave.
- Student? We offer continuing education assistance.
- Looking for community? There are many ways to get involved, from Employee Resource Groups to local outreach.
Here’s the Gist:
The Travel Coordinator position oversees a variety of travel-related functions working with and reporting to the Travel Sr. Supervisor. Primary accountability is to provide oversight and active management of the corporate travel program. Activities include domestic and international travel reservations, assistance through an on-line tool, Passport and Visa preparations, interface with contracted host agency, effective oversight and adherence to the Wolfspeed travel policy. This person will be a primary contact, in conjunction with the Travel Sr. Supervisor, for all travel related matters and must possess superior knowledge and skills with travel protocol and the on-line booking tool.
- Industry knowledge of global geography and international fare process for complex international itineraries.
- The incumbent is expected to achieve an advanced level of knowledge in the booking tool and procedures associated with travel along with keeping current on travel management programs and industry trends. Responsible to effectively resolve complex travel issues and exceptions to the policy.
- Ability to communicate company policy and international faring principles in writing as well as via the telephone.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to policy guidelines and management of overall travel spend.
- Responsible for Visa and Passport preparation and processing, including expediting requests as needed.
- Track exceptions to policy and work with appropriate constituents to ensure adherence to guidelines or recommend changes. Prepare summary reports for the Travel Sr. Supervisor along with members of senior management.
- Assist travelers with questions regarding the on-line booking tool. Train travelers as necessary to effectively navigate the on-line booking tool. Also assist international travelers with questions on complex international itineraries.
- Prepare general employee communication documents as necessary to alert travelers to changes in travel policy or to remind them of guideline protocols. Develop a keen sense or corporate culture to effectively address travelers' needs through various feedback mechanisms.
- Demonstrate "expert level skills" with the on-line booking tool — so that others see this position as the 'go to" person for all travel related questions including air travel, other transportation, hotel, rental cars, etc.
- Proactively identify ways of improving the travel experience for Wolfspeed travelers while keeping the overall travel spend at a minimum level.
- Ability to function in a fast paced, high-touch, demanding environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Travel Sr. Supervisor or the Director of Indirect Procurement.
This Job is Right for You if You Have (Minimum Requirements):
- Three to five years experience in the travel industry
- Proficiency in a minimum of one GDS: Sabre, Apollo, etc.
- Self motivated, works with limited direction
- Highly intelligent and extremely skilled
- Strong work ethic, willing to do whatever it takes to complete tasks on a timely basis with quality results
- Professional and energetic demeanor
- Organized and resourceful, able to multi-task and prioritize
- Skilled in travel agency on-line booking tools
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and problem resolution skills
- Able to deal effectively with complex issues
- Strong conflict resolution and customer service skills
- AS or Equivalent industry certificate
- Possesses unquestionable integrity and ethics
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Previous experience in a corporate travel role
- Extensive international construction and faring of complex multi segment/destination itineraries
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.