Position Summary: This is a key role within the Virtuoso organization with overall responsibility for product and brand marketing including shaping key marketing objectives and outcomes, developing effective marketing strategies, and overseeing plans for execution along with reporting against key objectives. Essential to success is being fully integrated into the product team as a key player, working hand in hand with product management, and providing essential insights related to customer needs and market dynamics to help inform product development.
This role will take the direct lead in developing marketing plans with a hands-on/direct approach for some products while overseeing a team of product managers for others to ensure a cohesive ecosystem of product marketing that also serves to drive overall brand value. This role also oversees the creative/brand services team tapped for the creation and execution of marketing communications.
Working as a key member of the marketing and product team within an organization with a strong product development practice focused on delivering products our customers value and seek out, this role is essential to materializing the commercial return to the company by developing and executing best-in-class go-to-market plans which are informed by key insights including but not limited to competition, market trends, market sizing, targets/segmentation, and optimal timing and sequency. This role is responsible for leveraging the resources of the marketing team to deliver clear product positioning and creative messaging which is compelling and effectively placed across multiple channels and touchpoints (online and offline).
Given the nature of Virtuoso's business, marketing strategies and plans encompass both B to C, B to B, and B to B to C with audiences including: consumers, travel advisors "members" and travel company supplier "partners".
This position manages a single department within the organization through supervisors/managers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure a deep understanding of what customers need and want most in order to ensure our products and application within partner/membership marketing plans drive tangible value/ROI and inspire increased use of Virtuoso offerings.
- Drive planning for and oversee execution of the marketing launch of new products by involving key stakeholders across the organization as necessary.
- Establish a suite of marketing planning tools which integrate into Virtuoso systems and can be adopted uniformly within the marketing team.
- Gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities, and buyer personas. As needed, conduct customer research and monitor trends to strengthen marketing efforts.
- Obtain insights into customers' usage and behaviors and interpret to reveal untapped opportunities which can be actioned for results.
- Create and build on product messaging that sets new products apart from others in the market to give them a unique selling point.
- Develop product messaging that differentiates new products and services from others in the market.
- Maintain and manage competitive intelligence and comparisons by working with cross-functional stakeholders and executing self-led research.
- Communicate the vision and value of new products and services to the sales, marketing, partnership and membership teams.
- Develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process of Virtuoso products and access.
- Brief internal stakeholders such as PR and Sales about new products and prepare presentations for internal and external education.
- Work with content team and network communications team to develop and deploy communication plans that resonate across audiences: consumer and network including advisor members and supplier partners.
- For ad products in particular, review sales trends and available inventory levels to ensure product availability aligns with customer demand or opportunity, also identifying where opportunity exists to increase customer utilization. Working with product team review competitive pricing and examine pricing strategies to ensure competitive for market conditions.
- Anticipate and monitor timelines for key product milestones in coordination with product management in order to effectively sync the go-to-market plan timings based on new product release or updates.
- Recruit and develop a product marketing team, including product marketing managers, as the portfolio of offerings grows.
- Develop and implement promotional activities and product launches.
- Develop messaging and ensure creative delivery of product content across a full spectrum such as video, print, digital/website, blog posts, social media, published case studies, etc.
- Define, measure and optimize the customer journey as it relates to engagement, purchase and loyalty.
- Manage marketing budget and approval processes.
- Establish the budget for a department and responsible for authorizing expenditures.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a related field
- 10+ years of related work experience
Skills, Abilities, Experience
- Natural inclination to collaboration
- Strong leadership with ability
- Exceptional ability to reach up and down to ensure highest quality outcomes
- Strong business/commercial skills with focus on driving outcomes
- Strong experience in product marketing
- Strong experience in building brands
- Command of both online and offline marketing disciplines and production
- Equally strategic and creative with ability to inspire others
- Exceptional communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to synthesize and simplify complex information into strong storytelling
- Leads by example with strong coaching/management skills Forward thinking, curious, and creative
- Able to lead people and projects
- Aware of current business trend knowledge
- Able to collect and analyze complex information, problem solve, and make decisions
- Strong skills in inspiring the win-win-win
- Ability to work independently
- Travel is required, approximately 5%-10% of the time.
- Travel will be primarily domestic but may include some international.
Type & Nature of Contacts
- Internal: Key job contacts are primarily with managers and director level staff and above outside of the job's immediate work unit/department.
- External: Frequent contact with partners and vendors.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life, a company matched 401(k) savings plan, and more. Virtuoso is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce.