Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Outlet: Resort Reservations
- Starting Wage: Effective October 2022 minimum wage will be increased to $20 per hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time
- Other Specifics: Remote
Start Your Career Opportunity of a Lifetime at Vail Resorts: As an At Home Travel Consultant, you will book customized vacation experiences, including lodging and activities, for the guests of Vail Resorts’ renowned mountain resorts; via inbound calls from the comfort of your home. Other duties as assigned
- Get Non-Traditional Perks, Benefits And FlexibilityThis is a Full-Time, Seasonal position *Seasonal commitment date: April 2023
- Hourly base pay of $17.00 per hour, increasing to $20 in October 2022
- Monthly Bonus and incentives awarded to top performers
- BONUS: $0 - $6+ additional per hour achieved by top performing employees
- Receive great BENEFITS, such as
- Complimentary season SKI PASS for you and dependent family members.
- DISCOUNTS on lodging, retail, food and beverage and transportation at select resorts.
- Accrue and receive PAID TIME OFF (PTO and Sick Time).
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Medical, dental, vision insurance and 401K, once 500 service-hours have been accumulated.
- Work from the comfort of your own home. No commute and more flexibility.
- Inbound calls only – no cold calling.
- Develop Your Career Path: To assure At Home Travel Consultants are well versed and knowledgeable of Vail Resorts’ different resorts and experiences, team members will have the opportunity to participate in job-specific training that includes virtual and onsite property and activity tours.
- Job Qualifications
- Must live within 3 hours driving distance from one of Vail Resort’s U.S. resorts & within a state Vail Resorts’ operates.
- CA, CO, IN, MI, MN, MO, NV, NH, NY, OH, PA, UT, VT, WA, WI
- High school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 6 months of sales and service experience.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, including the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability of efficiently navigate multiple computer systems while speaking with customers.
- Preferred Skills
- Ability to speak additional languages (Spanish); additional language skill compensation provided for written and verbal proficiency.
- Vacation planning experience a plus.
- Experience working on a base pay plus bonus and incentive compensation structure.
- Prior experience working and/or learning in a remote environment (from-home).
- Technical Job Requirements
- Vail Resorts provides specific equipment required to perform this role; including virtual desktop terminal, keyboard and mouse, second monitor, telephone and headset, webcam, and Ethernet cable.
- Final Candidates are required to provide the following services *prior to start date*:
- Dedicated landline phone (cellular phones, or VoIP phones are not permitted)
- High-speed wired internet connection (wireless & satellite internet are not compatible)
- Schedule Requirements
- This work-at-home position that requires candidates to be available to work various shifts throughout the week. Shifts will include weekend hours, evening hours and holidays. Overtime may be required during peak business periods for full-time employees.
- Opportunities Include
- Winter Seasonal position
- Eight-hour shifts
- Start as early as July 18th!!
- The budgeted range starts at $17 - $20. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
- Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Requisition ID 469289