Who We Are
At UnCruise, we work together to support and build a brand that provides an enriching adventure travel experience that inspires an appreciation of local cultures and the natural world. Sometimes that means we kayak among icebergs, travel to hidden waterfalls with a local guide or snorkel with sea lions, dive with manta rays and share air with whales. Our destinations include Alaska, Columbia & Snake Rivers, Costa Rica & Panama, Galapagos, Hawaiian Islands, Mexico’s Sea of Cortes and Pacific Northwest. Every employee plays a major role in bringing the adventure to life. When you join our team, you become an important part of our uniqueness.
The Reservations Manager is a seasoned, dynamic, proven travel industry sales professional who possesses independent decision-making, communication and organizational skills as well as advanced sales training and reservations management abilities. The Reservations Manager assumes overall responsibility over the active phone and internet selling processes for all vessels and destinations in the UnCruise Adventures portfolio. Responsibilities of this position include managing the TEAM success of the entire sales cycle – from the first point of contact by phone, e-mail, letter or other means all the way through follow-up communications with the travel agent, wholesaler or direct client. The Reservations Manager directly supervises the Sales Counselors, providing general guidance, motivational leadership, training on continuous sales skill development – especially closing techniques – and ensures sales/marketing departmental as well as company policy and procedures are properly communicated and followed. The Reservations Manager leads Sales Counselors with their professional development. This position also maintains strong relationships with key travel agents, other industry partners and past guests. Inspiring Sales Counselors to consistently take the initiative to actively and consistently contact sales leads (follow-up) is a critical success factor for this position. The Reservations Manager serves as a liaison with the Groups and Charter Sales department; as well as the International and Outside sales team. The Reservations Manager will also liaise with the Revenue department to ensure customer and internal company procedural quality control and maximization of revenue opportunities. The Reservations Manager demonstrates exceptional and multi-dimensional skills in the areas of team management, leadership, sales planning, prioritization and an ability to communicate essential brand characteristics powerfully, concisely, confidently and consistently to both the Reservations Team and the consumer/agent community. Public speaking and presentation skills are also desired but not required.
- Oversee the Sales Counselor team
- Use all resources at hand to become expert and keep abreast on all aspects of the UnCruise product, vessels, destinations, itinerary details, and tours and land programs
- Oversee the expedient, thorough and skillful departmental response to incoming sales inquiries in whatever form they arrive. Coach and monitor staff in the critical sales technique of probing for information to match prospects with the best Style of Adventure/destination/vessel
- Work with the UCA operations liaison to satisfactorily resolve complaints or claims due to vessel contingencies or individual issues filed by guests or trade partners. Escalate communications as needed and follow established communication channels
- Directly respond to phone or e-inquiries when necessary
- Monitor sales goals and recommend tactics to enhance short-term sales
- Facilitate weekly sales meetings
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry booking trends and sales techniques useful for UCA’s target markets of active adventure and high-end clientele
- Keep current with competitors’ promotions and pertinent comparisons to UnCruise
- Become fully versed and proficient on the UCA reservations booking system (Cruise Partner) to provide back up support to the Sales Counselors during peak booking seasons, vacation coverage, etc.
- Become fully versed in company CRM system (SalesForce)
- Be open to flexibility in the work schedule from time to time to provide training and sales support supervision when needed
- Establish personal relationships in the sales arena with key retail agents and wholesale, incentive and other partners. Focus on preferred relationships as well with Marketing organizations, i.e. Virtuoso, Travel Leaders, Ensemble, Signature, AAA and others as new agreements are secured
- Promote selling of travel insurance to guests and travel agents among Sales Counselors, monitor progress and the associated incentive program. Coordinate communications and questions with the contracted insurance provider
- Promote sales of land tours and hotel stopover packages
- In concert with Documents Manager help facilitate timely and thorough receipt of guest special needs, flight, emergency contact, and other information needed to process e-documentation
- Utilize creative problem-solving skills and provide solutions as issues arise
- Manage all inside sales functions within budget parameters
- Assist in development and implementation of overall sales tactics and agendas
- Other duties as required or assigned
- BA or BS Degree; or 5 or more years of work experience in a sales & reservations capacity or equivalent with preference given to candidates who have experience in the travel or cruise industries
- Ability to train team to up-sell and maximize resources at hand; to close sales opportunities and to maximize revenues contributing to the bottom-line success of the company
- Strong time management and organizational skills: ability to effectively prioritize; manage multiple projects and accounts concurrently while maintaining attention to detail; and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to successfully lead, train and support team – preference given to those with cruise reservations team experience
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to recognize and adapt to market trends
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail
- Acute propensity to pick up the phone to close sales and to motivate Sales Counselors to follow suit consistently and successfully
- Proficient in general computer skills, and more specifically Word and Outlook, and the in-house reservation system, Cruise Partner & Sales Force
- Self-motivated, team player & leader that works well under pressure, has a good sense of humor, loves what they do, and wants to work hard for a fun company
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present sensitive information in one-on-one situations, and comfort with public speaking in group situations.
- Excellent written English language skills, with the ability to prepare professional documents and reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times and the ability to use necessary levels of tact and courtesy.
- Must be able to work in a standard office environment with sitting, typing and writing for 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Position may require bending, climbing, reaching, repetitive motion, and lifting.
- Position may require traveling by car, plane and other modes of transportation.
Flexibility is required to meet the demands of trade, consumer show or other event schedules whereby days of the week and hours of the day fluctuate. This position will require week-end work periodically. Occasionally travel whereby overnighting away from your home base may be required.
- Cruise Benefit – Explore the world as our guests do: employees receive one complimentary cruise for two people every year, after each year of employment.
- Health and Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and flexible spending account options.
- 401k – Employees are eligible after 1 year of employment.
- Time off – Enjoy ten (10) company-paid holidays annually. Earn paid vacation and sick time throughout the year, and qualify for more vacation days as you gain tenure.
- Eco-Commute – Earn $10/day when you commute to work without the use of a motorized personal vehicle. You can walk, bike, take the bus, or kayak.
- Free Parking – Employees park for free at our Seattle office on days they commute by car.