Company Overview: Sky Bird Travel & Tours is the nations leading airline consolidator, connecting travel agents with the lowest net fares provided by our many airline partners. Established in 1976, were proud to have been your global partner for more than 40 years. We have offices all over the nation as well as international offices in Canada, India, and the Philippines so we are available wherever you need us.
Position Summary: Sky Bird Travel & Tours is hiring a Branch Manager in our Vienna, Virginia office. Were looking for an experienced Travel Agent Manager to join our team and become a crucial element in our success. The ideal candidate should have international travel experience and be familiar with both domestic and international travel. We need someone that can make an immediate positive impact.
- Accountable for business development for the location.
- 3-5 years experience in the travel industry
- Proficient in three major GDS
- Create, maintain, analyze and review reports and statistics as required by the Organizational Leader.
- Represent the company at customer/supplier events and trade fairs as required.
- Utilizing airline waivers to maximize profits.
- Support the company's strategic development plans.
- Handle all incoming inquiries in line with company guidelines.
- Keep abreast of assigned GDS, industry and supplier developments.
- Contact suppliers as required for assistance and waivers.
- Conduct regular reviews of supplier performance statistics and identify opportunities.
- Schedule and conduct regular review meetings with designated suppliers.
- Identify potential new partners/customers through market research and statistics.
- Provide selected suppliers with marketing and advertising opportunities to further develop the partnership and achieve commercial targets.
- Schedule and implement sales call to designated customers to further strengthen relationships Identify a target-group of new agents, regularly schedule and execute prospective sales calls.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of market developments and identify new opportunities for business growth or diversification.
- Manage sales staff in our Vienna Virginia office and responsible for conducting weekly staff meetings
- Responsible for reporting any staff needs to Human Resources such as on-boarding and off-boarding of employees.
Sky Bird Travel & Tours offers: Flexible Schedules, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Travel benefits and more!