The Global Travel Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the HERE Travel Program ranging from the sourcing, negotiation and supplier management to supporting company travelers. The program encompasses all travel related services for HERE approx.. 2000 travelers in over 55 countries, representing a spend of approx. 30M€ of primarily international travel.
- Lead HERE Global Travel Program and optimise the recent restructurings of the platform and toolings
- Enable and become a trusted advisor to our customers by leading Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions to define, bring new solutions to market
- Oversight of the travel agency including all operational issues, SLA’s, management reporting systems, and adherence to policy.
- Work closely with travel agency to identify, track and resolve any service-related issues with a solution orientated and agile approach, implementing necessary corrective measures and adjusting program as needed to reach high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop, implement and execute on travel-related (air, hotel, ground transportation etc.) supplier management strategies to optimize the travel program’s cost, quality and service levels
- Monitor and report on travel expenditure and expense related policy compliance. Develop reports and dashboards for the various audiences (executive, sourcing leadership, users). Recommend strategies to improve program compliance and optimize cost.
- Identify savings opportunities and service enhancements, initiate process improvements and deployment of benchmarking-generated standard methodologies.
- Lead change management associated with the program incl. communications, key partner management etc.
- Maintain, and administer Global Travel Policy allowing for cultural and regional differences with cross functional coordination as needed.
- Work closely with Meeting/Events team to optimize event related travel expenses
- Develop potential future strategy around open bookings. Evaluate, recommend and drive the implementation of new technology, processes, tools or policies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the travel process. Benchmarking external organizations for standard methodologies and to measure internal performance.
- Ability to work on other Sourcing related projects (outside of Travel) to support the needs of the global team when required
Who are you?
Of course, you can't have it all but most probably you will recognize yourself in the below. Or at least you will have that ambition to become that within this phenomenal company.
- Bachelors education or equivalent
- 6+ years of relevant experience leading a global corporate travel program combined with solid travel industry knowledge and network.
- Deep understanding of the Global Business Travel industry, including service delivery, technology, and processes.
- Experienced in creation, negotiation, and administration of travel related service contracts
- Experience with working in and managing projects.
- Strong analysis skills and ability to effectively present ideas using PowerPoint to senior leadership
- Ability to draw strategic insight from analysis, and to effectively summarize and present insight based on the needs of the audience
- Ability to interface / engage with travelers and suppliers via strong interpersonal skills (written, oral, and presentation)
- Experience with open booking programs preferred
- International travel required quarterly to key sites in APAC and EMEA to meet with partners
What do we offer?
This role offers the possibility to roll-out, lead, scope and maintain a global travel program. A unique chance to excel and grow, to test new stuff, to think about new ways of working, open bookings, self service, etc. We are a growing company that is providing an autonomous world for everyone. Time to join!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.