Requirements Duties And Responsibilities
- Shift is from 1pm to 10pm Eastern Time-remotely (from home)
- Answer calls and emails promptly from clients who are requesting new travel arrangements or changes to existing itineraries and provide prompt customer service.
- Book and issue airline, hotel, car and other tour reservations through our GDS system, accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain sufficient account knowledge to assist clients without delay.
- Keeps current directory of hotels, motels, and timetables, and answers inquiries concerning routes, fares, and accommodations.
- Check queue’s daily to ensure accuracy and that all issued tickets are complete.
- Communicate effectively with other agents or team members to solve problems and gather information.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Research complex travel rules and regulations for each client.
- Research and handle traveler complaints.
- Provide travel expertise to clients.
- Follow Duluth Travel approved work process.
- Work on multiple contracts as necessary within reason.
Skills And Specifications
- Demonstrates attention to detail. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
Able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as travel rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Working knowledge of Worldspan, Sabre and Apollo GDS System, with minimum 3 years’ experience with a system.
- Understanding of International travel requirements, visas, passports.
- Understanding of the Federal Travel Regulations, Fly America Act and Open Skies Agreement
- Proficient with city, airline, hotel and car rental codes.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to consistently deliver excellent customer service, internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Excellent computer and typing skills, which includes the ability to navigate between programs quickly by using shortcut keys.
- Ability to identify a problem and see it through to resolution with minimal supervision.
NOTE: This job description is subject to change and/or revision based on the growth of the company, customer mix and other business related factors.