With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Strategy and Day to Day Operations of Verisk Global Travel Program
- Provide strategic leadership and prioritize travel initiatives focused on value delivery, efficiency / cost savings, governance and control and duty of care to employees.
- Regularly review and provide recommendations and changes to company travel policy (global travel policy and specific BU) that reduce costs and/or improve service and employee satisfaction. Ensure company’s travel policy is in line with best in class practices.
- Craft ongoing communication, including quarterly newsletter to Verisk Travelers and provide additional necessary information
- Maintain up to date commercial and contractual knowledge of the market place and methods adopted by peer groups / other industries to ensure that best practices are continually developed, shared and utilized across the organization.
- Actively Monitor daily travel and expense related policy compliance and recommend strategies to improve compliance/report on non-compliance
- Benchmark, analyze, monitor and report on key KPIs including travel expenditures and compliance. Provide actionable reporting around travel metrics to key business stakeholders.
- Support travel arrangers and travelers with daily inquiries and feedback as it relates to daily travel queries.
- Point of contact for all T&E policy, traveler inquiries, and vendor feedback/complaints.
- Report to SBU’s monthly (12+) regarding travel spend and analysis
- Provide exceptional customer service by working with internal customers and demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, integrity, service and commercial expertise.
- Continuous identification of savings opportunities, service enhancements and technology solutions, initiate process improvement and deployment of best practices.
- Responsible for leading global travel management team
- In conjunction with the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Team, draft and conduct Request for Proposals, Information or Quotation, vendor selection, negotiations, and contract execution with key travel suppliers (airlines, hotels, travel management company, etc) on an ongoing basis.
- Actively Manage TMC, Airline, Hotel and Car Vendor contracts and relationships to evaluate the performance of current vendors and ensuring all contractual targets are met. Oversee operational issues, SLA’s and vendor reporting systems. Proactively seeks new/alternate vendors when appropriate. Identify and report on out of policy travel as necessary
Global Security Protection Services / Crisis Management
- Collaborate with Global Security to provide traveler assistance and to ensure we have a superior standard of care for all employees.
- Work with Global Protection Services on ad hoc projects on a weekly basis
- Ability to reprioritize and assist in crisis management without advanced notice
- Review risk management reports daily
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ Years of experience in global travel management role or similar
- Global Travel Professional (GTP) certification preferred but not required
- Demonstrable value and commercial savings
- Managed and advanced multiple strategic supplier relationships
- Proven experience working with VIPs/Senior Leadership travel requirements
- Prior experience with strategy, policy development and roll-out
- Knowledge of international travel regulations, documents and insurance
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects including developing and delivering travel training programs
- Ability to juggle competing and changing priorities
- Pro-active problem solver / solution oriented
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Evening and weekend availability required