Location: Remote Optional - USA
Shift: 10am - 7pm ET
PD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory, and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Our colleagues in corporate strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
Travel Agents coordinate, reserve, plan and execute all aspects of both domestic and international travel.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Summarized Purpose: Coordinates, reserves, plans and executes all aspects of both domestic and international travel. Responsible for all facets of the business travel and meeting planning needs. May be required to travel to meeting locations.
- Researches lowest possible airfares, checks hotel availability and car rental availability to reduce overall cost of employee travel while remaining organized.
- Makes reservations to meet the travel needs of employees.
- Accurately communicates travel requirements, flight schedules, fares and any other needs pertaining to employee travel.
- Serves as escalation point for other agents with technical or customer service issues
- Manages difficult itineraries (international) or group travel requirements
- Coaches and reviews work of other agents as assigned to ensure overall group performance.
- Ensures travel policy compliance.
Education And Experience
High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Technical positions may require a certificate
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 2+ years).
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strong knowledge of airline computer systems and reservation systems
- Strong corporate travel knowledge base
- Experience with SABRE GDS Reservation System is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of world geography
- Capable of managing business travel for high level, multi-faceted, international meetings in any part of the world
- Demonstrated ability to book travel and accommodations in all currencies
- Good global knowledge of travel documentation as required by law
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong team player with ability to lead and train others
- Ability to work independently as on a team
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD Defining Principles
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!