Defense & Government Travel Consultant/Customer Service Travel Agent (entry level) Trainee
Do you want to work in a collaborative, international environment — whether in person or remotely? Are you experienced and/or passionate about providing top-quality customer service? Do you enjoy interacting with people who care about their work and each other? If the answer is “yes”, we should talk.
Many of the world’s best known and biggest companies and governments around the globe rely on CWT to keep their people connected – anywhere, anytime, anyhow – by providing an efficient, safe, and secure government travel experience across six continents. As a Defense & Government travel consultant (what we call a travel counselor), you will provide outstanding customer service through various channels to corporate travelers before, during and after their business trips.
Welcome to a culture of caring
Joining CWT means becoming part of a collaborative, close-knit, global community. Our “people first” ethos starts with our colleagues. As a member of the CWT team, you’ll see that our core value of caring runs deep. It goes beyond the confines of our company too; our commitment to corporate social responsibility is deeply rooted in what we do and who we are.
Because we care so much for our travelers, we also care for our colleagues by fostering a high-performance and high-quality environment, fully supported by our leaders helping you succeed.
We actively look for people who bring a positive attitude to work with them and that’s reflected in the atmosphere in our offices, remote teams and contact centers, and the dynamic between colleagues. Our people want to be here — which explains the long careers of so many of our colleagues.
Speaking of longevity, CWT been in the travel industry for 150 years (and counting). We’re proud of our history and even more excited about where we’re going next: the corporate travel industry is bouncing back strongly after the pandemic, promising to be bigger, more exciting, and more innovative than ever before.
We are very proud of our 65+ year history serving U.S. military and government clients and are always looking for new talent to help us grow as a team. Our most valuable asset as a company is the quality of our people. We are a growing family and encourage you to check out our opportunities and start your journey with CWTSatoTravel today.
As the U.S. military and government division of CWT, CWTSatoTravel is a global leader specializing in seamless travel management services to our U.S. federal clients. We employ a team of more than 900 associates throughout 187 locations in 14 countries and U.S. territories. Though our offices are spread across the world, we are a tight-knit group with access to resources and innovations that enable us to deliver the best services in the industry.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it…
Through our winning combination of outstanding people and innovative technology, we’re focused on ensuring that the travel experience of our customers is an unforgettable one from start to finish, for all the right reasons. And as part of the Traveler Experience organization, you’ll be at the forefront of providing that exceptional experience. Going beyond just making bookings, you’ll play a key role in delivering a safe and enjoyable journey to our clients’ traveling employees.
On a Day-to-day Basis, You Will
- Create and complete travel arrangements (air, hotel, car, rail)
- Ensure reservations are built according to client standards and preferences
- Act as a trusted advisor by offering informed and insightful recommendations that provide the best traveler experience
- Handle basic and moderately complex bookings with potentially non-standard and multi destinations, ticket exchanges and complex fares
- Escalate most complex bookings to more experienced staff
- Assignments include both routine and non-routine work
- Benefit from comprehensive training by experienced colleagues and use our social intranet to always stay up to date
No experience in defense & government travel? No problem.
Your passion for service excellence and your commitment to supporting your team are what’s most important to us. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do, and we want to hire people who feel the same way. So, if you’re willing to learn, we will teach you everything you need to excel in this exciting industry.
The kind of attributes we’re looking for in new team members include:
- English fluent – written and spoken
- 2nd language a plus
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities (KSAs)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic MS Office A genuine passion for high-quality customer service — we care about our customers and it’s important to us that you do too
- Strong teamworking skills
- A positive, “can do” attitude
- Willingness to learn and grow!
Optional Experience That’s a Plus
- Any travel industry-related experience
- Customer Service
What’s in it for you?
We Hope These Things Have Already Won You Over — But Just In Case, Here Are a Few Extra, Important Details You Probably Want To Know
There are all kinds of advantages to joining the CWT community.
- Hands-on paid training in the travel industry
- Competitive compensation — including shift differentials, referral bonuses and supplier incentives
- 3 weeks of vacation, 14 days of paid holidays, and 7 days of sick leave each full year
- Both on-site and home-based positions available
- Flexible working options: Full-time, part-time, working nights and weekends
- 401(k) match and Health Savings Account contributions
- Employee discounts and supplier incentives
- Employee Assistance Program & Employee Resource Groups
Because this position is directly with our United States Federal Government client, the United Sates government requires that the successful candidate be a US Citizen. Authorization to work in the US is not sufficient for this position. Additionally, you will be subject to a company and government background investigation including a criminal history and credit record review.
To the extent, this position enables access to traveller personal identifiable information (PII) as defined by the U.S. Government or vital trust data as defined by CWT, then the individual is required to adhere to all government required and/or company mandated information security policies and regulations. The individual is also required to take all information security and Privacy Act training required by the Government and/or company. The individual is required to safeguard any such information and in the event of any improper disclosure to company officials in accordance with applicable information security policies or regulations.
CWT is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
CWT also offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to TalentAcquisitionAmericas@mycwt.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.