The Travel Consultant role at Ovation Travel Group is to deliver exceptional travel service experience for our Corporate Business Customers. By working together as a high performing team, our Travel Consultants provide exceptional traveler care, first call resolution and the highest quality of customer service to Ovation Travel and Lawyers Travel corporate clients.
Who we are:
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) is the world’s leading business partner for managed travel. We help companies and their employees prosper by making sure travelers are present where and when it matters. We keep global business moving with the powerful backing of travel professionals in more than 140 countries. Companies of all sizes, and in all places, rely on GBT to provide travel management services, organize meetings and events, and deliver business travel consulting.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the point of sale on all Domestic & International travel requirements, arranging both routine and complex travel for air, rail, car, and Hotel accommodation, utilizing Sabre.
- Provide consultative advice, solutions and recommendations. Additionally, pro-actively selling additional service for our travelers (e.g., Hotel and Car)
- Complying with all legal standard requirements, which include mandatory training, compliance and sanctions
- Prevent fraudulent callers from trying to book trips afterhours by following our security protocols for booking afterhours.
- Follow internal compliance and regulatory requirements for all customers and locations supported
- Drive key partnerships and sale of preferred air and hotel partners while delivering exceptional customer service
- Quickly respond to and act on special customer requests and maintain excellent client relations
Successful candidate will have:
- Highly proficient in Sabre with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Flexible schedule and ability to work weekends on occasion
- Detailed understanding of fares and ticketing rules, for car, air, hotel travel
- Knowledge and experience booking for domestic and international travel
- Consultative, proactive, anticipate the callers needs
- Detail oriented, ability to review all facets of the request and respond fully and completely
- Passion for excellence in client service and professional communication
What we offer:
Competitive pay, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 15 days of PTO, 10 sick days, 8 holidays, 401K with a company match, and more!
Please be aware that you must be in current role for 1 Year and have a career-pathing conversation with your leader when considering applying for new positions internally.
United States - Ovation - Virtual
The US national hourly wage range for this position is from $20.00 per hour to $35.00 per hour. The national range provided includes the hourly rate that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual hourly wage rate will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location.
This role is eligible for an annual Performance Based Incentive, which rewards participants based on company performance. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our 2022 Benefits-at-a-Glance document.
GBT 2022 Benefits-at-a-Glance
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement