Objective: ALTOUR is currently seeking a seasoned travel professional to join our Entertainment Division. The Entertainment Agent will be responsible for supporting a high-volume, fast-paced business. Qualified candidates must have prior Entertainment travel experience and will ideally have prior experience working with clients from the film, television or music industries. Successful candidates must be detail-oriented and committed to supporting the team in delivering quality service to clients. Candidates must be flexible and have a “do whatever it takes” mentality in their approach to work.
- Complete travel arrangements for clients including air and hotel reservations. Must be comfortable performing exchanges and refunds.
- Respond to client inquiries and concerns with a sense of urgency.
- Independently review client reservations for accuracy and quality; proactively correct errors
- Conduct all business in line with standard procedures. Take 100% ownership of duties and ensure that client expectations are exceeded.
- Provide ‘on-call’ after-hours services as required by account if approved by ALTOUR
- Assures client is aware of all necessary travel documents and health requirements for countries to be visited
- Maintain ownership of each client record until departure to ensure all details (including seat assignments, meal preferences, upgrades, etc.) are completed to the client's satisfaction
- Research and provides solutions to any travel-related problem clients may experience; partner with supervisor and peers to correct errors and ensure they are not repeated
- Maintain awareness of all airline rules and regulations, tariffs, and fare requirements and accurately applies this knowledge to all travel arrangements
- Essential; Must have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with demanding clientele
- Perform additional duties/projects as requested
- Experience in handling film, TV and/ or music travel is a must
- At least 2 years of experience in travel handling domestic and international travel
- SABRE skills are mandatory
- Strong customer service skills- ability to think outside of the box
- Experience with high end- high demand travelers
- Ability to function in a fast –paced, demanding environment with little supervision
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality are required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/ or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/ or fingers.
- Typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, interpret documents, and apply abstract principles to a wide range of complex tasks.
- Ability to understand the meanings of words and effectively respond, analyze information and write reports, comprehend complex issues, and communicate effectively to diverse groups.
- Job requires employee to perform basic arithmetic accurately and compute rates and percentages.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally (verbally and in writing) as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
ALTOUR is an Equal Opportunity Employer