Belo USA Travel is a tour operator specializing in U.S. travel for international exchange students. We are currently looking for a full-time travel coordinator in our Chicago office. The primary role of the travel coordinator is to initiate and maintain contact with our vendors (restaurant, hotel, activities) and handle and negotiate our contracts.
Your tasks at our office will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining direct contact with our partners and clients;
- Making travel arrangements for our pre-planned tour itineraries;
- Negotiating and handling of contracts with hotels, transportation companies, restaurants, etc;
- Serving as the contact person for trip staff while trips are occurring;
- Working closely with the supervisor and financial department to ensure contracts meet the company's needs;
- Maintaining accurate database information.
Experience & Qualifications/Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written; additional language proficiency is a plus);
- 1+ years’ experience in working in event management or travel planning;
- Proficiency using Access, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to interact, communicate and coordinate with office staff, trip staff and vendors;
- Multi-task oriented, well-organized, with very strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter and work collaboratively in a creative and dynamic work environment;
- Strong negotiating skills when dealing with vendor contracts;
- Intercultural competency;
- Passion for international education and student travel;
- Able to work flexible hours during peak times, including evening and weekend hours during trip season.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.