ALTOUR is currently seeking a seasoned travel professional to join our Entertainment Division specifically, the Music Travel Division, with offices in Los Angeles and London. We are looking for an experienced agent and coordinator to join the Housing Team. Candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Must be motivated, accountable, and organized with excellent follow through. Someone who is proactive, always willing to jump in to lend a hand and be a team player. This Agent will work closely with Tour and Production Managers and also with our Hotel partners on a daily basis. Core functions include: booking hotels, building excel spreadsheets, accounting, filing data, data entry, making phone calls, tracking commissions, etc.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 10am-7pm PST or 10am-7pm EST
- This position can work from home in most states, however, this position cannot be completed in the state of Colorado.***
- Day to day tasks include booking and coordinating last minute VIP travel requests that require quick turnaroun d .
- Functions will include using agency-specific software, SABRE (on the job training will be provided if necessary).
- Core functions include: pitching, negotiating, contracting and advancing group Hotel bookings
- Agent will build and maintain strong client and vendor relationships.
- Must be personable and have a strategic way of thinking and able to get along with just about anyone in a professional manner.
- Engage with clients to meet and manage budget and group requirements and w ork with the hotel vendors on those objectives to secure group business.
- Agent will perform administrative tasks such as emailing, downloading and compiling hotel information, proposals and offers. Setting up billing. Build ing and maintai ning Hotel spreadsheets and client records. Prepares reports, memos, rooming lists, contracts, spreadsheets and other documents as needed.
- Discretion and professionalism are non-negotiable as this position may require interaction with or involving VIPs, Talent, Artist Management and Staff.
- Troubleshooting issues, proposing solutions, and working collaboratively with team and clients.
- Manage changes and cancellation requests efficiently and courteously.
- Attend supplier visits and trade shows when needed.
Minimum Skills / Experience Required:
- High School Diploma/ GED.
- Proven ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills (EXCEL spreadsheet knowledge /expertise required).
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role.
- Previous experience working in Travel and Production environments.
- Detail oriented with strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality are required.
- Travel industry and destination knowledge.
- Sabre / any GDS skills are a big plus.
- Must be able to communicate proficiently in English and being bilingual in any language is also a big plus.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Work related conference attendance may be required.
- Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/ or fingers.
- Typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, interpret documents, and apply abstract principles to a wide range of complex tasks.
- Ability to understand the meanings of words and effectively respond, analyze information and write reports, comprehend complex issues, and communicate effectively to diverse groups.
- Job requires employee to perform basic arithmetic accurately and compute rates and percentages.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally (verbally and in writing) as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Internova Travel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other protected class.