Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The VIP Travel Consultant is responsible for accurately and efficiently handling incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e., phone, email, chat) and is the primary point of contact for the traveler or arranger that provides active travel consultation on business travel details. This position performs at an expert/senior level and demonstrates an extensive understanding and applicability of all areas in the travel industry. This role will be required to interact with Visa’s Travel Management Company (TMC), and use their technology and systems to perform the duties of this role.
- Acts as a trusted advisor by offering informed and insightful recommendations which provide the best traveler experience in each situation
- Arrange standard and complex domestic and international travel reservations for executives including air, rail, hotel, and ground transportation
- Strong understanding of Visa’s travel policy and can appropriately guide and consistently provide consultation for all travel requests
- Responds to requests (phone, email, chat) promptly, completely, and professionally
- Excellent knowledge and application of travel supplier rules
- Maintains, actively communicates, and seeks expansion of current knowledge of the state of the various travel industries supported
- Provides required industry information, such as low fares, exchange costs and any associated penalties
- Can fulfill all requests regarding necessary regulations (DOT, TSA, passports, visas, etc.)
- Resolves complex problems/escalations including non-standard and multi-destinations, ticket exchanges and complex fares for all travel
This is a remote position. A remote position does not require job duties be performed within proximity of a Visa office location. Remote positions may be required to be present at a Visa office with scheduled notice.
5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Sabre GDS experience required
- Amadeus GDS experience preferred
- 5+ years VIP corporate travel experience required
- Ability to work independently but part of a larger global team
- Strong travel technology knowledge, such as implementation, customizations and support
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior to executive management.
- Strong focus on customer service to exceed normal satisfaction levels from both the Global Travel Team and our contracted vendors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Great active listening and information gathering skills
- Excellent working knowledge of the travel industry, application of client travel policies, procedures and processes
- Proactively assists the Travel team and other team members in resolving problems, learning and research
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is 81,800 to 106,300 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.