Best Host Travel Agencies of 2022 | HAR's Luminary Awards!
"Who is the best Host Agency?" It's a fool's errand to try and figure this out. But we're not one to shy away from a challenge. Lo and behold, now HARs Luminary Awards, which recognize the best host agencies out there, have become a time-honored tradition.
In 2019, we created the HAR Luminary Awards as a way to recognize companies we feel deserve recognition for their transparency, advisor support, and engagement on HAR's site.
We got pretty nerdy about our awards. Yes, we came up with our own metric for award qualifications to give a fair shake for hosts of every size! Yes, our awards are space-themed. Yes, ANY host listed on our site qualifies for our awards!
So who were the standout host agencies in 2022?
The Best Host Agencies in 2022
Hosts aren't cookie-cutters. It's subjective. The truth is that the best host agency for one person may not be a great fit for another. Do you like the company culture, do the reviews on the profile speak highly of the technology or tools that are important to you, and now that we mention it, what exactly is important to you?
Our Luminary Awards are a way of recognizing the host agencies listed on our site that are engaged with the folks out there (that's you!) to support them in finding which host is best for them. We offer 5 different Luminary Awards:
The Best Host Travel Agency Award Categories
Now, onto our award categories! HAR Luminary Awards recognize hosts in four different ways:
- Supernova Award: Recognizes the hosts that received at least one new review the previous year and have an average star rating of 4+
- Nebula Award: Recognizes the hosts with a certain number of new reviews
- Constellation Award: Recognizes the host agencies that engage with readers on their Host Agency Reviews' profile (responding to questions and reviews)
- Data Scientist Award: Recognizes the host agencies with the most participation in our surveys.
- The Galaxy Award!!!!: Recognizes hosts who received an award in every other category! (Psst! There's only one winner this year!!!)
That's right. The galaxy award. We also fondly refer to hosts that win the Galaxy Award as "the Sweepers" because to get the Galaxy Award, you have to win in every other category. To be frank, it's really hard to qualify. Sure, hosts can win some of the Luminary Awards just by being their amazing selves, but the Galaxy Award is the pinnacle of Luminary achievement.
Note: All the award data is from the host's aggregate info of the previous year (2021). To keep things super democratic, we're not going to separate them by host size (just in old school ABC order)
Is the suspense unbearable?! I know! Me too! Who are the best host agencies in 2022?!? Here they are in each category, listed in alphabetical order.
The 2022 Host Agency Reviews Supernova Award Winners
Sometimes a star gets so big and so bright that it's about to explode. That sums up our supernova awards. Its criteria recognize the best host agencies in 2022 that have a 4.0 or higher average star rating, and have received at least one new review the previous year. Here are the hosts that burned brightly!
The 2022 Host Agency Reviews Nebula Award Winners
What is that faraway cloud of light brightening in the distance? They are the best host agencies of all sizes that have accumulated the most new reviews.
Who are these hosts attracting the attention of new travel agent ICs? Drumroll please . . .
The 2022 Host Agency Reviews Constellation Award Winners
Sure. Stars are bright and fun when they fly solo, but they're a lot more interesting to look at when they gather in groups and hangout in the sky in the shape of a horse, dog, or a mythical Greek hunter with a fancy belt and bow and arrows. The HAR Constellation Award is for best travel host agencies who engage on their profiles. They answer your questions. They respond to your reviews. They want you to be as informed as possible!
The 2022 Host Agency Reviews Data Scientist Award Winners
We like data A LOT. You probably know by now that we proudly consider ourselves nerds, geeks, data-dorks, eggheads, dweebs . . . you get the idea. Every year we publish delectable data through our income survey and fee survey.
But guess what?! That great data doesn't come from thin air. Not even close. We partner with host agencies and franchises, who do a lot of legwork in reaching out to their ICs to participate! The Data Scientist award recognizes the best host travel agencies and franchises who make these sometimes-Herculean efforts so our data is all the more stunning in our infographics. Who are these hosts this year?
The 2022 Host Agency Reviews Galaxy Award Winners are . . .
The Galaxy Award, is for hosts who've gone the extra mile and received an award in EVERY category. We get so excited about the Galaxy Award, that we reveal the winner with a video!
See Past Luminary Award Winners!
This isn't our first rodeo! You can find past Luminary Award winners here:
That's a Wrap (for Now)
*High five* to all the best travel host agencies and franchises in 2022 that were recognized with Host Agency Reviews' industry awards!! We know they'll keep shining on, providing stellar (get it, stellar) resources and support to burgeoning and established agents alike.
And stay tuned for next January to see which hosts will return to claim their prize, and which one will be newbies on the HAR award circuit!
You Want to Win a 2023 Luminary Award? Here's how!
So you're chomping at the bit to win a Luminary Award? This year, we expanded the host size categories to make sure Luminary Awards were an even playing field regardless of a host's size! (Previously we had 3 categories, now we have 5.)
With the exception of the Suprernova award (which awards a high average star rating), we tally up our data from the previous year to determine our award winners. Here's the deets:
- Supernova Criteria: All hosts must have a 4+ star rating and at least one new review from the previous year. Additionally: XS (≤24 ICs) hosts need ≥2 total reviews; Small hosts (≤24 IC 25-99 ICs) need ≥7 total reviews; Medium hosts (100-499 ICs) need ≥12 total reviews, Large hosts (500-999) need ≥50 total reviews; and XL (1,000+ ICs) need ≥100 total reviews.
- Nebula Criteria: Nebula rewards hosts for new reviews: XS (≤24 ICs) hosts need ≥1 new review; Small hosts (≤24 IC 25-99 ICs) need ≥3 new reviews; Medium hosts (100-499 ICs) need ≥5 new reviews, Large hosts (500-999) need ≥10 new reviews; and XL (1,000+ ICs) need ≥15 new reviews.
- Constellation Criteria: This award tracks a host's number of interactions (via onsite Q&A) and/or responses to reviews. The number of interactions to receive an award are: XS (≤24 ICs) hosts need ≥1 interaction(s); Small hosts (≤24 IC 25-99 ICs) need ≥3 interactions; Medium hosts (100-499 ICs) need ≥5 interactions; Large hosts (500-999) need ≥10 interactions; and XL (1,000+ ICs) need ≥15 interactions
- Data Scientist Criteria: This award is for the number of host's ICs who take our surveys. The number of respondents needed are: XS (≤24 ICs) hosts need ≥2 respondents; Small hosts (≤24 IC 25-99 ICs) need ≥7 respondents; Medium hosts (100-499 ICs) need ≥12 respondents; Large hosts (500-999) need ≥50 respondents; and XL (1,000+ ICs) need ≥100 respondents.
- Galaxy Criteria: I like to refer to Galaxy Award winners as "the sweepers." These are the hosts who've won an award in every other category.