WHO WE ARE
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Do you love to find new ways to solve old problems in a high-energy environment with an inspiring team of innovators, driven to tackle seemingly impossible challenges? Are you someone who shines under pressure? Are you highly organized and detail-oriented and believe in working smarter not harder? Then keep reading.
The Business Travel Coordinator, reporting to the Purchasing Manager, will join Zume’s growing Finance team. This is a critical role for the organization’s growth as you will be focused on developing and monitoring travel policies and procurement practices across our evolving business environment. You will balance the travel requirements of a widely disbursed global company with the need to be a strong fiduciary of company assets and policies.
The Business Travel Coordinator is hands-on and passionate about the value of ongoing process improvement by leveraging technology and cross-functional partnerships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, implement and monitor a corporate travel program
- Oversee relationships with travel booking providers and key vendors to yield high levels of traveler satisfaction and cost savings
- Advise on travel arrangements (air, lodgings, transportation, etc.) as needed
- Negotiate contracts and rates with travel service providers
- Provide advice on travel documents, insurance, import/export regulations etc.
- Liaison with T&E card program managers to
- Drive continuous improvement of travel programs and compliance to policies
- Monitor travel industry trends and respond with recommendations as appropriate to the ever changing business travel environment
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years progressive experience in corporate travel related roles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Working proficiency in corporate travel online booking tools (i.e. TripActions, Egencia, Concur)
- Experience in a fast-paced, always-on environment
- Analytical with high attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to drive projects to completion when starting with unknowns, competing priorities and other challenges
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude, showing a willingness to learn new concepts in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators