Complete and communicate leisure travel arrangements by fulfilling Air, hotel, package tours, sightseeing and other travel arrangements for vacation clients. Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and have sales experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned from time to time and this list is not intended to be all encompassing.
- Book air, hotel, cruise, rail and other essential leisure travel requests.
- Make recommendations to clients based on personal travel experience and destination knowledge.
- Sell client on destinations and booking with Tangerine Travel
- Provide price quotes and proposed itineraries.
- Invoice client using and following company approved process
- Maintain client profiles.
- Keep abreast of travel industry news, including but not limited to, new destinations and hotels/ships, travel warnings, special offers, documentation requirements, weather
- Be willing to take continuing education courses, travel to industry events, read travel periodicals.
- Attend in office vendor visits when invited.
- Maintain service level goals related to phone and e-mail etiquette, quality and productivity.
- Participate in team and company calls, meetings and trainings as required. And in the office if required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Degree or certificate in travel, hospitality, or a related field.
- Sabre GDS experience
- Personal travel experience. (out of country preferred)
- Sales experience
Ability to read, write, speak and otherwise communicate with coworkers, vendors and customers.
Mathematical & Technical Skills
Sabre GDS system, ClientBase, Word, Excel, database knowledge, scripts, Internet are desirable, along with desktop skills.
Courteous and professional manner along with a positive customer service attitude. Should have good organizational skills and be a self-motivator. Maintain a favorable working relationship with coworkers, vendors, and customers.
Ongoing training will be provided as needed to maintain all necessary skills.
Tangerine Travel is a full service travel management company based in Bothell, Washington. We are driven by our core belief that supporting and caring for our employees to the greatest extent possible is the key to providing superior service to each and every client.
We offer a competitive compensation package. Tangerine also offers fully paid medical, dental and vision benefits. Also offers life insurance, a generous vacation policy and a 401K plan and other employee sponsored benefits.