As a member of the global Travel and Finance teams, this role will be responsible for the Travel and Expense (T&E) program in the Americas. You will oversee the day to-day travel & expense operations, run and analyze reports and the small meetings program. Your primary focus will be to optimize the Travel and Expense End to End program while providing superior customer service, ensuring compliance and maximizing savings. This position will report to the Senior Director of Procurement & Travel.
- Manage the travel program in the Americas region as well as the small meetings program.
- Oversee the T&E policy and ensure it remains current with the everchanging market conditions
- Negotiate all travel and program-related contracts to optimize travel policy and program compliance, spend visibility, employee satisfaction, and maximum cost savings
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the T&E program including resolving customer and technology issues.
- Supervise the corporate travel agency bookings and liaise with TMC leaders to ensure consistent quality of service is delivered
- Identify areas where T&E spend can be reduced and track T&E spend against budgets for all business units
- Manage the process for travel policy violations
- Manage expense system inquiries and provide training to global employees
- Prepare benchmark presentations set against best practices for pricing, compliance and traveler satisfaction
- Ensure internal and external customer experiences remain high with the online booking and expense tools.
- Manage the offsite meetings management program; act as the primary point of contact for internal meeting contracts and sourcing selection.
- Establish and conduct RFP’s, RFI’s supplier evaluations and selection.
- Conduct frequent reviews with T&E vendors and seek opportunities to further support Parexel’s initiatives
- Demonstrated experience of 4-5 years in successful implementing and leading company-wide initiatives is a must
- A high command of the English language is required; knowledge of the Spanish language while highly regarded is not a requirement
- Role requires a strong self-motivated leader who can drive transformational change and enjoys challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across functions, organizations and suppliers/vendors
- Must have strong knowledge of travel technology tools including travel management reporting tools and self- booking tools (travel agency or travel technology provider background)
- Result focused, with evidence of actively driving change and supporting best-practice goals
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders and have a solution driven and strategic mindset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to explain complex concepts clearly
- Experience in tactical and project management within both small and large corporate environments
- Knowledge of Corporate Travel Agency Operations is preferred
- Strong corporate travel industry and systems background
- Strong negotiation skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to be managed remotely
Knowledge And Experience
- Experience in T&E management in a professional, fast-paced environment (tech)
- Possess strong analytical skills to effectively analyze data and create meaningful, coherent models, reports, metrics, and charts
- Show proven track record of gained efficiencies
- Travel industry experience (e.g. Online Booking & Expense Tools) is desirable
- Experience in managing a team
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience in most, if not all, of the above.
- 3-5 years recent experience in T&E Management
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting related field or equivalent work experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with both internal customers and external suppliers at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.