This position is responsible for the leadership of the Corporate Travel Department. Areas of responsibility include general roles supporting the overall Corporate Travel Department including the following, with other duties as assigned:
- Handle and oversee all travel arrangements (air, lodgings, car, etc.) and operations
- Provide administrative, supervisory and technical direction for Travel Department personnel
- Develop effective policies and programs for corporate travel
- Manage relationships with travel agencies and vendors, including supplier optimization, managing supplier quality, identifying and executing cost savings initiatives, and improving service levels
- Monitor travel activity and programs and provide strategies to increase compliance
- Benchmark, analyze, monitor and report on travel spend and compliance
- Participate in contract and rate negotiations with travel service providers
- Provide administration for corporate T&E credit card programs
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of travel procedures
- Work with Risk Management, Security and Human Resources Department on Duty of Care issues and incidents relating to business travel
- Drive continuous improvement of travel programs, including maximizing the use of current technologies
- Provide ongoing educational tools to employees about travel policies, procedures, technologies, and requirements
- Evaluate and implement technological enhancements to drive department efficiencies and traveler safety
- Support and assist in the development of a department business plan
- Determine departmental objectives and requirements, organize projects and develop standards and guidelines
- Staffing, recruitment, development, training and retention of Travel Department personnel.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required; relevant education in training/tourism or business is preferred. Minimum 7 years related professional experience in corporate travel management.Applicable experience may be substituted for degree requirement.Previous supervisory experience is preferable. Knowledge of standard travel practices and regulations is required; knowledge of international customs and regulations is preferred. Working knowledge and experience with corporate travel management systems (CTM) and global distribution systems (GDS) is required; Concur SAP highly preferred. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, solid negotiation skills, and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients. Position requires the ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead, and manage change. Requires analytical mind with strong business acumen and the ability to be well-organized and reliable. Demonstrated creativity, foresight and judgment in anticipating and solving problems. Must be proficient in the use of basic computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
About Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a more amazing place with more than 5,000 engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists and consultants on staff and growing. We strive to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee-owners. We take on some of the world’s toughest challenges with the industry’s best thinking.
We have offices and projects spanning the US and the globe. We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our culture of 100% employee ownership plays a major role in supporting that outcome. Each employee shares in the ownership of the firm, bringing the commitment of an owner to our projects. Clients appreciate that and have rewarded us with a 90% repeat business rate and decades-long partnerships. Pretty cool for a 100 year old firm that grows organically.
At Burns & McDonnell, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference every day while fulfilling your personal and professional ambitions. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny and shape the path your career travels. And with more than 350 service specialties, your career and development options are abundant.
Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans