Where will your career take you?
We're not just any travel management company.
We help clients travel smart and achieve more.
LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION! NEW, RARE OPPORTUNITY IN THE MIAMI, FL AREA!
MUST BE BILINGUAL IN SPANISH
The Entertainment division of BCD Travel provides travel assistance for the world's leading entertainment artists, labels, and production companies. We provide our clients-Talent, Artists, VIPs, Touring and Production crews- with an exceptional travel experience catering to their every need; this includes providing them access to exclusive luxury hotels, private charted jets, special airport/hotel entrance and exit access to ensure their privacy, and an array of other services to make their travel easier. If you are up for the challenge in this demanding yet fun industry, please read more about the role below and apply!
The Entertainment Travel Consultant-Talent is responsible for accurately and efficiently handling incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, etc.). They are the primary point of contact for active travel consultation for travelers.
This person performs at an expert/senior level and demonstrates an extensive understanding and applicability of all areas in the travel industry. They must be able to work independently and maintain the confidentiality of the client.
This position supports (1) one account/client.
Sabre GDS skills required. The hours for this position are 9am - 6pm ET.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Books routine reservations for air travel, hotel and car rentals, with detailed follow for completion and changes to complete the reservation.
- Books small groups and equipment movements for music bands and the like, involving special arrangements for large amounts of equipment
- Charters private aircraft when scheduled aircraft does not meet needs.
- Provides after-hours "on-call" services as required by clientele and approved by BCD Travel.
- Responds to requests for price quotations utilizing automated system(s) for domestic and international itineraries.
- Promotes the acceptance of fares, rates, and suppliers that match the client's travel program policies and negotiated contracts. Applies discount programs appropriately.
- Remains informed of all airline rules and regulations and current affairs. Communicates information to clients accurately and appropriately.
- Maintains client profiles, ensuring specials requests and reward program information such as frequent flyer/driver/hotel stay are included.
- Monitors, sorts and works global distribution systems (GDS) queues daily to maintain quality control.
- Knows and properly uses: airline terminology, codes, fare basis, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books, and industry contacts.
- Minimum of four (4) + years active Travel Consultant experience in the past 6 years.
- Prior entertainment experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Strong domestic knowledge and basic international knowledge.
- Above average productivity level (subject to management assessment for off-the-phone projects).
- Achieve established office goals for measurable accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficiency on Sabre GDS system.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed.