As a Travel Advisor, you will support both internal and external customers with questions related to travel reservations and more complex situations. Demonstrating problem-solving skills and functioning as a service specialist, you will take the necessary steps to recognize, research, and resolve issues through diagnosis and discussion of a particular problem with a focus on delivering service excellence. You will proactively work with external providers to negotiate an appropriate resolution and to minimize costs in a timely manner, while ensuring a seamless customer experience.
- Respond to customer inquiries related to travel arrangements and resolve issues by focusing on short-term and long-term fixes by being the company and customer advocate and focusing on root-cause resolution tactics
- Collaborate with internal teams to troubleshoot, learn, and deliver timely resolutions holding a high regard for accuracy
- Maintain a knowledge of all client programs, products, and procedures and support various on-line booking tools and knowledge of multiple websites
- Effectively negotiate with vendors and external customers to reach an acceptable resolution for all parties including issues with loyalty points, redemptions, program exceptions, waiving of fees, etc.
- Maintain high levels of call quality based on outlined criteria; maintain appropriate level of confidentiality regarding information shared and observed. Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all issues or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or provide suggestions for alternative courses of action
- Assist other Travel Advisors with questions on a real-time basis related to traveler policies and different booking applications, coaching Advisors on best practices to service all customers; monitor and manage agent errors, escalations, and customer exceptions, and update the information in a database used for tracking purposes
- Provide a professional level of energy and enthusiasm as well as favorable working relationships when partnering with internal and external customers and all departments to result in increased quality and customer service levels
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of experience in the travel industry to include intermediate to advanced knowledge/proficiency of the Global Distribution System (GDS) and/or other technology platforms including self-booking tools
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage internal and external customer issues.
- Working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; quick study of technical concepts.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking ability to include advanced knowledge/proficiency using multiple screens in an online environment
- Ability to work independently, yet also function as a team member
- You must be willing to work varied hours including nights and weekends
Shift / Schedule Information
Work schedules will vary. Candidates must be willing to work schedules during our operating hours, which include evenings and weekends. Specific information will be provided by the Recruiter. This position requires that you attend the training as scheduled. The training hours may not coincide with your regularly scheduled hours.