Location: This is a fully remote position in Massachusetts. Employees must reside in the state of Massachusetts.
Title: Travel Counselor – Part Time
Reporting To: Supervisor, Reservations and Customer Service
Working in a professional environment as part of the Reservations and Customer Service team, this position requires an articulate candidate who will be committed to the highest level of customer service and possess excellent listening, communication, and telephone skills. We are looking for a positive individual with contact center or customer service experience who will enjoy assisting mature guests in making travel plans and provide an exceptional level of personal attention and care to them before, during and after the tour.
- Provide professional assistance for incoming customer telephone calls for service and sales.
- Maintain the highest degree of telephone etiquette on all calls taken.
- Conduct outbound calls as needed (collections, date consolidation, requested call-backs).
- Update and maintain reservation information in accordance with company guidelines.
- Administrative responsibilities including data-entry and quality assurance.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers to achieve departmental goals and foster a positive work environment.
- Make and take calls with colleagues to cultivate a better understanding of departmental processes and policies.
- Assume responsibilities for other projects as assigned.
- Must be available to work from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm ET Monday through Friday. The maximum number of hours per week is 29 and a minimum average of 15 to 20 hours per week is required. Shifts will be determined and set by direct supervisor.
- Minimum two years in a customer service environment.
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate with mature guests in a courteous, calm, and empathic manner.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Computer literacy including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- International travel experience (outside of North America) preferred.
- Call/contact center experience a plus .
Odysseys Unlimited’s Benefits for Guest Services Part-time Employees (eligibility for most benefits is date of hire):
- 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- Discretionary financial performance bonus.
- Vacation time (accrue based on hours worked up to 37.5 hours per year).
- Sick time (accrue based on hours worked up to 40 hours per year).
- Holidays & bereavement leave (based on regularly scheduled hours).
- MA Paid Family & Medical Leave (PFML) based on state plan.
- 100% remote work and training plus flexible work hours (depending on position).
- International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATAN) Membership (20+ hours weekly required).
- Familiarization training trips for most positions (after 1 year of service and 1,000 hours worked eligible for participation).
- 25% Employee Discount on Odysseys’ Tours (after 1 year of service and 1,000 hours worked).
- Opportunities to participate in Odysseys’ company and wellness events.
- Charitable donation program and fundraising events including sponsored Walk for Hunger Team and more.
- Employee-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee.
The above benefits are current as of this June 2023 posting. These benefits are subject to change and may have additional eligibility requirements. Odysseys Unlimited’s Human Resources department can answer any questions a candidate may have.
Odysseys Unlimited is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by law. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications and business needs to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.