Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Do you have a passion for efficiently arranging travel plans and providing exceptional customer service? Grand Canyon Education’s travel department is seeking a full time Travel Counselor/Travel Agent. This position will report to the Travel Manager and will work Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In this role, we will look to you for coordinating all aspects of maintaining the corporate travel program for the university.
What You Will Do
- Arrange and book travel on behalf of staff as required. Work to ensure travel is arranged efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in processing Athletics/Group travel requests, maintain group system, and communicate final travel itineraries to requestor.
- Ensure implementation of cost saving measures through negotiation with travel service provider, arrangement of the most economic route and appropriate itinerary.
- Create, maintain, and update hard copy trip files for all travel, including review and preparation for annual audit.
- Enter information provided by staff into the database and maintain travel database.
- Coordinate with designated travel agency to provide trip itineraries to travelers.
- Coordinate with finance department to invoice travelers for personal travel costs, including sending invoices to travelers and following up with finance staff.
- Arrange hotel meeting space and any other arrangements needed for GCU field staff
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Travel Policy and Procedures.
- Provide content update for the travel section of the web site.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Working with Athletic departments highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in booking airline travel either in agency or corporate environment.
- Experience in booking full-service reservations, hotel, air and car.
- Minimum of two years of experience in utilizing GDS software (Apollo preferred).
Why Work At GCE
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan.
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays.
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCE sponsored events.
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program.
#TravelAgent #GroupTravel #TravelCoordinator #TravelCounselor #TravelAdministration #WorkFromHome #AthleticsTravel #TravelService #RemoteJobsInPhoenix #GCU #GCE #Group #Sales #Travel #Athletic #hotel