Embark on the next step in your career journey with Direct Travel!
As a key member of the Classic Travel & Tours/DT Corporate Team, you will play an instrumental role in supporting the travel needs of our full-service and VIP clients. As a Corporate Travel Advisor, you will be responsible for all aspects of travel planning including airline reservations (domestic and international), accommodations, ground transportation, and occasionally small meetings/event planning.
This role will work closely with a team of other experienced advisors that average 14 years tenure at Classic Travel & Tours/DT and 28 years in. the industry overall. Your efforts will provide support for our local loyal clients in Finance, Pharmaceuticals, and other high-touch industry groups across the US. The Supervisor of this team has 30+ years’ experience in the industry and is also a multimillion-dollar producer in addition to her managerial duties.
This team has an office facility in Richmond, VA, but supports fully remote advisors/employees in five different states at the current time. The candidate must be willing to travel to Richmond twice per year for training and social/team-building purposes.
- Completes domestic and international travel arrangements for clients which may include air, hotel, ground transportation, rail and limos
- Supports one or more accounts
- Operates within detailed procedures
- Interacts with traveler or travel arranger and provides 1st level of support for customer service and technical issues
- Ensures compliance of a client’s travel policy while utilizing DT preferred vendors to maximize profit
- Adheres to DT standards in delivering customer service including telephone and email etiquette, and follows prescribed customer service escalation procedure.
- Follows company standards regarding procedures, utilization of tools, productivity, accuracy of work, and attendance
- Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in travel industry and office procedures which may require you to work in the office if home based
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working environment
- This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the position
Passport to Success
- Minimum five years corporate domestic/international experience
- Minimum five years Sabre experience
- Minimum two or more years of multi-account handling within past five years
- Proficient in issuing tickets and exchanges
- Ability to meet and exceed required performance standards
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum knowledge of Outlook skills and basic Microsoft platforms
- Flexible schedule
- Experience with small meetings preferred but not required
- Must be able to lawfully work within the US and have unrestricted work authorization for US
In addition to Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits Direct Travel offers an employee rewards and recognitions program, Total Rewards Package which includes Wellness, Sustainability, DE&I initiatives, and Mental Health Support.
Our Brand Voyage: About Direct Travel
Direct Travel is a leading provider of corporate travel management services. The company has been providing travel management for over 40 years, working with clients to develop highly customized travel programs. By leveraging both the expertise of its people and innovative solutions, Direct Travel enables clients to derive the greatest value from their travel program in terms of superior service, progressive technologies and significant cost savings. Direct Travel has offices in over 70 locations across North America and the UK and is currently ranked 12th on Travel Weekly’s Power List. For more information, visit www.dt.com .
Direct Travel is an EOE/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities employer
If you're ready to chart a new course and advance your career with the valuable moments and travel experiences that await, we welcome you to submit your resume for consideration at Direct Travel.