Leisure Travel Advisor – Amadeus - Remote
Embark on the next step in your career journey with Direct Travel !
As a key member of the Corporate Travel Division, the Corporate Travel Counselor will support our Toronto locations, with accounts in multiple time zones. The Corporate Travel Counselor will be responsible for handling all aspects of corporate travel arrangements for our clients .
This role will work closely with all members of our Corporate Department and report to the Vancouver Operations Manager .
This can be an office location or fully remote position .
- Fast paced, supporting a multitude of clients .
- Completes domestic and international travel arrangements for clients which may include air, hotel, ground transportation, and rail .
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of international pricing rules and procedures .
- Supports any documentation of international travel documents, Visa, passport. Advises clients of international travel requirements such as visas, passports, immunizations, etc.
- Uses available sources such as Government websites and news agencies to stay informed of current international events .
- Interacts with traveler or travel arranger and provides 1st level of contact for customer service and technical issues, including online booking tool, Concur and others.
- Ensures compliance of a client’s travel policy while utilizing DT preferred vendors to maximize profit .
- Adheres to DT standards in delivering customer service including telephone and email etiquette and follows prescribed customer service escalation procedure .
- Follows company standards regarding procedures, utilization of tools, productivity, accuracy of work, and attendance.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working environment .
- Performs other duties as assigned .
Passport to Success
- A minimum of two (2) Corporate domestic and international experience.
- Demonstrate industry knowledge .
- Ability to meet and exceed required performance standards .
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required via email and phone .
- Knowledge of Outlook skills and basic Microsoft platforms .
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of airline ticketing rules and regulations .
- Knowledgeable and experience using Amadeus preferred .
- Proficient in producing lowest logical airfare within client’s policy .
- Exceptional knowledge of international airfares and international ticketing, ticket exchange .
- Proficient in Internet searches and online booking processes .
- Ability to create domestic and international multi-segment, multi-destination itineraries .
- Solid working knowledge of Exchanging, reissue of tickets .
- Must be able to work flexible hours between 8am-5pm Eastern Time .
- Accurate and detail oriented .
- Works well unsupervised as well within a group .
- French speaking would be an asset
In addition to Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits Direct Travel offers an employee rewards and recognitions program, Total Rewards Package which includes Wellness, Sustainability, DE&I initiatives, and Mental Health Support .
Our Brand Voyage: About Direct Travel
Direct Travel is a leading provider of corporate travel management services. The company has been providing travel management for over 40 years, working with clients to develop highly customized travel programs. By leveraging both the expertise of its people and innovative solutions, Direct Travel enables clients to derive the greatest value from their travel program in terms of superior service, progressive technologies and significant cost savings. Direct Travel has offices in over 70 locations across North America and the UK and is currently ranked 12th on Travel Weekly’s Power List. For more information, visit www.dt.com .
Direct Travel is an EOE/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities employer.
If you're ready to chart a new course and advance your career with the valuable moments and travel experiences that await, we welcome you to submit your resume for consideration at Direct Travel.