Sr. Corp Travel Consultant, Humanitarian Serv
Atlas Travel & Technology Group
This position reports to:Manager Operations, Humanitarian Services
Overview: At Atlas Travel & Technology Group, our purpose is to Stand-Up, Stand-Out. To do something every day that makes the next day better for all. We value creativity to build new paths forward, collaborate respectfully, have the drive to get up and do it, open ourselves to grow, do what we say, love what we do, and have fun along the way. This is who we are, our culture.
The Senior Corporate Travel Consultant, Humanitarian Services will provide international and domestic travel services to Humanitarian Organizations. The Consultant must have extensive working knowledge of highly complex international travel requirements. This position may involve constructing and pricing complicated itineraries to remote destinations throughout the world, often last minute and for customers with multi-ethnic, multi-lingual backgrounds. Trips may be funded by the US government and therefore a working knowledge of the Fly America Act is required. The ability to interpret and apply airline tariff regulations, and/or third-party Humanitarian fares, as well as Atlas Travel commission agreements while upholding the travel policy of the accounts is essential. The successful candidate must be highly organized and have the capacity to work independently and as a team providing excellent customer service.
Virtual position, hours are Monday through Friday 11:30am – 8:00pm ET.
Responsibilities And Duties
Efficiently and accurately process air, car, limo, rail for both domestic and international travel itineraries and all other travel needs
- Proven ability to construct and price complex, multi-destination, multi-segment international itineraries
- Extensive knowledge of world geography, including remote cities, airports and carrier codes
- Strong working knowledge of airline tariff regulations for exchange and refund transactions
- Apply and support account specific corporate contracts and maintain discretion as necessary
- Understand international travel documentation requirements and clearly communicate to the traveler
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to service multi-cultural, multi-lingual customers
- Interpret and apply Fly America Act when applicable
- Interpret and apply Humanitarian fares when applicable
- Apply government fund allocations
- Working knowledge and usage of all company supported tools and resources that relate to corporate bookings such as but not limited to: Booking Builder; internal and external rate desks; airlines internet; online booking tools etc.
- Adheres to company policies
- Interpret and apply agency commission contracts
- Confidentiality and PCI/security
- Fare quotes to include all resources including GDS, internet and consolidators
- Promotes company preferred vendors when possible and does not take priority over client’s preferred vendors
- Keeps abreast of industry knowledge to include industry updates, changes and new products
- Maintains contractual service level agreement goals related to but not limited to response time and quality of work; consistent usage of quality control product; proper usage of profile information
- Properly informs client of tariffs and penalties
- Maintains a minimum of 2000 transactions per year
- Meet annual training requirement hours
- Maintains ticket bank for clients
- Provides above and beyond service and document value adds
- Always maintain professionalism with clients and co-workers
- Requires a minimal amount of travel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- GDS skills, Sabre preferred
- Strong communication and customer skills
- Above average geography skills and resources
- Working knowledge of Outlook, excel and word
- Problem solving, critical thinking skills
- Must be highly detailed oriented, great with organization and great follow through
- Exceptional customer service skills
Core Competencies identify behaviors and skills all employees are expected to demonstrate to carry out the mission and goals of the company
- Initiative and Creativity
- Cooperation / Teamwork
- Quality of Work
- Support of Diversity
Education And/or Experience
- Minimum 5 years of International Travel Consultant experience
Working knowledge of travel software and technology – specifically regarding back, mid office and GDS (Sabre)
Strong ability with Microsoft Office tools, including Word and Excel.
Ability, to communicate in standard business English both written and spoken. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group situations to customer, clients and other employees of the organization.
Physical And Mental Demands
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
- Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a hybrid remote / office environment.