ALTOUR is seeking an experienced Travel Consultant that assesses the client’s needs to provide travel options that meet their expectations. The incumbent sales travel while building client relationships to retain future business. The ability to facilitate professional, accurate, cost-effective travel arrangements for all ALTOUR clients within their company's guidelines and standards of excellence for customer service. Ability to multi-task in fast-paced work environment.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9AM to 6PM EST with one hour lunch. (open to a a fully remote or hybrid schedule. We have an office in New York, NY in Rockefeller Center).
The salary range on this job posting/advertising has been developed to give applicants a wide range to comply with pay transparency laws in all states and geographical areas. Many factors, such as years of experience, geographical location, budget etc. are considered when determining the starting rate of pay.
This role may be eligible for an incentive, commission, bonus, or a discretionary bonus program based on the company’s financial goal achievement and individual performance.
- Responsible for selling and retaining travel clients for cruises, tour packages, hotels, airfare, etc. process bookings in a timely and friendly manner for walk-ins, appointments, phone calls, and email clients. Up sells preferred vendors, insurance, and financial services. Qualifies clients. Establishes rapport and builds client relationships.
- Research destinations, hotels, cruises, airfare options, site seeing, and additional trip information to best meet the client’s needs and expectations. Attends webinars and studies destination demographics, amenities, values, specials, new hotels, etc. Is knowledgeable of world events and weather that might affect travel plans.
- Processes airfare, hotels, and ground transportation via Sabre and Worldspan GDS’s. Updates client information in database. Processes travel requests for deposits and payments. Creates and processes accurate invoice using Sabre, Worldspan, and back-office systems.
- Processes final documents which may include itineraries, visas, inoculations, air and transportation tickets, and final payments. Follows up with clients returning from trip and contacts past clients to notify of specials and help with future travel plans.
- May complete and organize quarterly newsletters for clients. Troubleshoots unexpected travel issues and addresses client concerns.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a client-focused, travel services environment required.
- Minimum of 1 year travel agency experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the travel industry including proficiency in Sabre system required. Other GDS systems would be considered.
- Experience in Client Base a plus.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Performs duties as required or requested.
- Diplomacy and tact required in contact with vendors, co-workers, and clients.
- Courteous, professional telephone manner.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality are required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/ or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/ or fingers.
- Typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, interpret documents, and apply abstract principles to a wide range of complex tasks.
- Ability to understand the meanings of words and effectively respond, analyze information, and write reports, comprehend complex issues, and communicate effectively to diverse groups.
- Job requires employee to perform basic arithmetic accurately and compute rates and percentages.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally (verbally and in writing) as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Internova Travel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other protected class.
Our benefit offerings include choice of two medical plans and two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs), company-paid life insurance and AD&D, optional additional life insurance and AD&D, disability insurance, paid parental leave, paid time off, 401k Plan with company match, discounted employee travel options, access to LinkedIn Learning webinars and courses. Discounted pet insurance and auto, home, & renters insurance.