Join AAA’s Roadways Recent Graduate Program!
AAA has an exciting opportunity to join the Travel team. Participants will receive professional development, network with executives and senior leaders across different business units, and hands-on learning while creating meaningful work.
About the Roadways Recent Graduate Program:
Over the program, participants receive tools and resources for their growth and development that will help them prepare for the current and future workforce, including:
- Understanding how to align business strategy with key objectives and initiatives
- Using behavioral and communication tools to enhance their personal image
- Demonstrating flexibility, agility, and the ability to respond effectively to change
- Cultivating relationships to increase collaboration and build trust
What You’ll Do
- Attend weekly operational and strategic insight sessions with senior leaders
- Attend learning and development sessions to further enhance your leadership skills
- Network with executives and senior leaders across different business units
- Participate in team building and volunteer events
- Participate in job shadowing/hands-on activities
What does a AAA Travel Agent do?
- Sells international and domestic travel packages including cruises, land packages, travel itineraries, air, car, and hotel
- Shares knowledge and expertise from personal experiences and/or education study trips
- Develops long standing relationships with our members and builds referral and repeat business
- Makes appropriate recommendations to ensure the trip experience is more than expected and tailored to the members expectations
- Cross sells relevant products to enhance the trip experience such as AAA Member Rewards
- Credit Card and identify theft referrals
What You’ll Need
- Must have graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree within the last 12 months from an accredited University or College
- We prefer candidates with at least 2 years of successful retail sales or banking experience or a leisure travel agency background within a goal orientated environment
- Travel is not just a hobby or a wish, it’s your passion
- You must be available to work most Saturdays and some evenings to support goal achievement
- We prepare all of our Travel Agent Trainees for their new role by ensuring their successful completion of our Travel Agents Trainee program which requires some travel for training
- You are driven by sales and exceeding your goals
- You are computer savvy with the ability to navigate between multiple systems and web browsers, Microsoft Office, and can type at least 30WPM
- You have a strong and very comfortable relationship with paperwork and you are very organized!
- Must commit to the entirety of the 12-month program; October 2nd, 2023 through August 30th, 2024
- Must commit to working full time, 40 hours per week
- Must be willing to commute to the office when requested
Our Travel Advisors start with an hourly rate of $21.20. After completion of our training program, Travel Advisors successfully meeting sales goals earn on average between $67,300 - $82,300 with the opportunity of uncapped incentives.
- Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
- 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
- Tuition assistance
- PTO for community volunteer programs
- Wellness program
- Employee discounts (membership, insurance, travel, entertainment, services and more!)
The Automobile Club of Southern California is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have 14,000 employees in 21 states helping 17 million members. The strength of our organization is our employees. Bringing together and supporting different cultures, backgrounds, personalities, and strengths creates a team capable of delivering legendary, lifetime service to our members. When we embrace our diversity – we win. All of Us! With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team.
“Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.