Kenya Wildlife Safari
Safari through Kenya on an African adventure tour.
Immerse yourself in the animal kingdom at the finest game parks on this amazing Kenya safari tour. Staying in the world-famous Masai Mara, experience superb wildlife viewing as well as the fascinating culture of the Maasai tribespeople. Veer off the beaten track to search out elephants, hippos, cheetahs, leopards and lions against the impressive backdrop of the Great Rift Valley and Lake Naivasha. This is one African safari you'll never forget.
Why you'll love this trip
- Meet Maasai warriors and experience Kenya's tribal life at an overnight village visit in Loita Hills
- Venture into the incredible Masai Mara National Reserve for a full-day game drive in 4x4s
- Keep your eyes peeled for black and white rhinoceroses on an adventure through Lake Nakuru National Park
- Get a taste of Nairobi, an exciting, cosmopolitan city of sterling restaurants, cafes and museums
- You'll be in excellent hands for the duration of your trip, travelling with a crew of three experienced locals – a leader, driver and cook
Is this trip right for you?
This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the ‘big five’ – even if it can get a bit hot and dusty in the truck. In other words, adventure. It’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/africa/overland
In Loita Hills (Day 5) you will stay in a bush camp with no shower facilities. The rewards of experiencing the Maasai culture, however, should more than make up for the lack of creature comforts.
The going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads. A little bit of patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment of this beautiful land!
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or beat the morning traffic on long travel days.