Learn to Be a Travel Advisor in 4 Days
Uniglobe Travel Center (UTC) is launching its first-ever MentorU Summit, a rigorous coaching event that will condense a portion of their traditional MentorU Program into 4 days. This Summit will take place at their headquarters in Irvine, CA, September 8th through the 11th, 2019.
UTC offers the most comprehensive program for new travel advisors through their MentorU Program, which customarily offers six months of personalized coaching from two experienced mentors. The first 3 months emphasizes two key areas. The first focuses on how to research travel, build itineraries, and book travel as a travel advisor, in addition to receiving guidance on how to navigate different supplier relationships and policies. Simultaneously, new advisors work with a business development coach that will cover everything from setting up a travel agency properly, to understanding travel regulations and E&O insurance, to designing a sustainable sales and marketing plan. During these three months, advisors have weekly virtual calls with their coaches to review each topic, ask questions, and stay on track. The last 3 months of the program switches to virtual calls on an as-needed basis, rather than weekly, in order to fit the needs of each individual travel advisor.
Via the MentorU Summit, Uniglobe will provide the exact same quality and thoroughness of coaching, but instead of 3 months of virtual calls, new advisors can learn all the same topics and skills from their coaches in-person over 4 days. Following the completion of the coaching event, all new travel advisors will still receive the additional 3 months of flexible coaching to aid them in implementing the skills and knowledge gained at the Summit.
This exciting event will also include a supplier showcase, as well as supplier hosted lunches.
Topics on Becoming a Successful Travel Advisor:
- Orientation to the Travel Industry – Technology & Resources | It’s Not All About You: Working with a Host Agency and its Suppliers
- Exploring Supplier Portals | Types of Travel
- VAX Vacation Access
- Destinations | Trip Planning & Price Quotes
- Booking and Role Play Activity
- Trip Proposal & Presentation | Additional Tools & Resources
- Clientbase Online, Commission, & Agent Reports
Topics on Running a Successful Travel Agency:
- Orientation to Travel Business Ownership & Management: It’s All About You: What Does it Take to Run your Own Travel Business
- Travel Advisor Best Practices
- Leisure Travel Sales | Getting Clients
- Sales, Upsell, and Customer Service
- Ensemble Travel Group Overview
- After the Sale
- Marketing Your Business & Business Goals
Uniglobe Travel Center is also offering $100 off the program fee for any travel advisor that registers for the MentorU Summit by July, 26th*1. The final deadline to register is August 9th.
For more information and to speak with a Uniglobe team member about this opportunity, please visit https://www.uniglobetravelcenter.com/mentoru-summit
Uniglobe Travel Center is a well-respected host agency that has been supporting the most productive travel advisors in the hosted industry for 23 years. The MentorU program has been preparing travel advisors new to the industry for 10 years. UTC was awarded ASTA’s Host Agency Partner of the Year in 2017.
- *Cost of travel and lodging is not included ↩