Time to Sharpen Your Axe
“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” Abraham Lincoln
With only so many hours in a day and plenty of ways to utilize your time (think follow up calls, continued education, networking, researching, eating, sleeping, etc.), proactive preparation often gets thrown to the side. But Lincoln makes a valid point. The more time you spend in proactive preparation, the more efficient you’ll become in all areas of your business. Savvy business owners understand that it’s crucial to make time to analyze what’s working, identify what needs to change, and implement the steps you need to take.
If it sounds overwhelming, don’t worry. Below we’ve created a 4-minute assessment that will set your travel agency business on the right course. But before you get started, follow these steps to get yourself in the right state of mind.
- Step 1: Close your email
- Step 2: Put your phone on Do Not Disturb
- Step 3: Log off Facebook
- Step 4: Set your phone timer to 4 minutes
Let’s do this!
Basic Business Assessment
- How do you want the world to see you and your business?
- How much money do you want to actually pay yourself in the next 12 months?
- What’s one thing you want to stop doing right now?
- What’s one thing you want to start doing right now?
- What resource has been on your mind, yet you haven’t committed to adopting, learning, or enacting?
Make a commitment to yourself. Pull out your calendar and block off the time needed to learn, alter, or implement – right now.
Time’s up! Most likely one of two things just happened:
- You answered these in a breeze. You’re excited and ready to rock and roll!
- You got stuck on the first question and couldn’t answer the rest with confidence.
Regardless of which it is, the purpose of this assessment is to help you analyze what you know, what you don’t know and where to seek the right resources.
A great resource while you build your business is a host agency—like us! TPI offers everything from in-person education opportunities and regional/national conferences, multiple teams filled with dedicated and intelligent folks, educational Facebook Lives and so much more. Perhaps our most effective resource is our strong, dedicated agent community. We understand that it’s your brand, your business, your identity. We’re here to help you build it!
Click here to check out our website and discover all the ways we can guide your business to success.