Get Your Niche On with Nexion
Capitalizing on Diversity of Nexion’s 3,700 Agents, Nexion Set to Offer Series of Summits by Specialization
San Diego, CA (September 15, 2016)—With more than 3,700 independent travel agent advisors comprising today’s Nexion® —the travel industry’s premier host travel agency—the variety of niche travel specializations among them are varied and all-encompassing. To better capitalize on its immense agent diversity, Nexion is today revealing plans to enable its agents to “Get Your Niche On” through a series of specialization “summits” beginning this fall and throughout 2017, including those focused on corporate travel, luxury travel, group travel, and romance travel, as well as a broader-themed summit to assist agents with marketing and sales. The announcement was made during Nexion’s annual CoNexion conference at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort in San Diego, CA.
“Since Nexion agents are all about innovation with virtually every conceivable travel specialization represented throughout our vast network, we are continually encouraging them not only to find the niche that they have a passion for, but also to partner with us as they translate that passion into a stronger business,” explained Jackie Friedman, CTC, CTIE, President of Nexion. “Thanks to the tremendous success we have already had with our Corporate CoNexions events, we will take this concept another step farther by proudly inviting our Nexion agents to ‘Get Your Niche On’ through a series of summit meetings scheduled beginning this fall.”
“A critical component for success in today’s travel agency industry environment is differentiation and specialization, so our summits will help key segments of our agents to further distinguish themselves from mass market agencies,” — Cris De Souza, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Nexion
According to Friedman, Nexion has identified four trending market segments which are growing at an accelerated pace among its agents. In response, Nexion will launch a series of multi-day business development summits that will bring like-minded agents and supplier partners together in a unique, dynamic and interactive forum. They include:
- Group Travel Sales Summit (October 7-9, 2016) – Devoted to agents who are building successful group travel sales. The Group Travel Sales Summit will be offered again in 2017.
- Luxury Travel Sales Summit (November 11-13, 2016) – Invitation-only for Nexion’s leading luxury-oriented agents. The Luxury Travel Sales Summit will be offered again in 2017.
- Corporate CoNexions (June 9-11, 2017) – Invitation-only for top corporate travel agents.
- Romance Travel Sales Summit (2017) – Enabling agents specializing in honeymoon, destination weddings and romantic getaways to convene
- Master Marketing Symposium (2017) – Hosted by Nexion President Jackie Friedman, this summit will enable participating agents to further hone and fine tune their marketing skillsets and expertise, which can in turn be applied toward developing new business regardless of the niche specialization
“A critical component for success in today’s travel agency industry environment is differentiation and specialization, so our summits will help key segments of our agents to further distinguish themselves from mass market agencies,” noted Cris de Souza, Vice President of Marketing for Nexion. “At Nexion, our number one goal is to equip our agents with expert market segment knowledge so they can sharpen their business focus. We believe these summits will add enormous value, offer a keen understanding of the target audience for specific market segments, and help to identify the appropriate destination and product experience that will exceed each customer’s expectations and desires.”
Travel professionals interested in learning more about how to succeed as a professional business owner, backed by Nexion’s many great benefits are encouraged to call 800-747-6813 or email [email protected].