Mexico Real Food Adventure
Experience Mexico’s distinctive cuisine while travelling through Oaxaca, Puebla, Mazunte and Mexico City.
Get an authentic taste of Mexico on this journey through some of the country’s most famous culinary regions. Meander through Oaxaca’s aromatic markets; take to the streets of Puebla to sample some the city’s local specialties; indulge in fresh seafood on the beach; and take to the streets of Mexico City on a taco crawl to experience a delightful culinary heritage that goes back thousands of years. If you’re after cultural richness, authentic experiences and flavoursome food that’s tinged with fiesta, then this Real Food Adventure is for you.
Why you'll love this trip
- This trip take you to the source of some of the nation's most iconic foods, from delicious tacos to spicy mole and beyond
- In Oaxaca you'll enter the heart of pre-Hispanic cuisine; taste chiles, chocolate, mezcal and the surprisingly delicious chapulines (grasshoppers)
- It may not be edible, but a Lucha Libre (theatrical 'freestyle wrestling') match in Puebla is an entertaining and memorable cultural experience
- A Pacific Ocean boating expedition followed by fresh ceviche on one of Mexico's stunning beaches is the perfect way to wrap up your culinary adventure
Is this trip right for you?
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a country’s cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. Please be aware that in many countries dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, simply contact your agent at the time of booking for further information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed!
- You will be covering a fair amount of ground on this trip, so be prepared for some driving. Mexico is a big country. However, there's only one very long bus trip (approximately 9 hours), from Oaxaca to Mazunte.