Family Travel Association Summit
About the Summit
The annual FTA Summit is a three-day, trade-only, conference-style event that brings together the leading players and key influencers in family travel. Come prepared to network with fellow FTA members and industry professionals while gaining key insights and learning about best practices from the experts through inspiring presentations, interactive workshops, enlightening research, and a diverse array of networking opportunities.
- A select group of our over 100 Media Center Members, including those who represent brands such as AFAR, Travel + Leisure, Scholastic, Expedia, Travel Age West, and a host of vetted, quality bloggers and freelancers
- Industry leaders ranging from A&K to KOA. Companies big and small, such as Royal Caribbean, SeaWorld, Club Med, the U.S. National Park Service, Keystone Resorts, Kids Sea Camp, Inkaterra, Uncruise, and Thomson Family Adventures
- Dozens of buyers: both travel agents and tour operators (Valerie Wilson Travel, Ovation, Globus, Lindblad, Scott Dunn, Trafalgar, etc.)
- Destinations from the U.S. Virgin Islands to Anchorage, Alaska, and everywhere in between (like Costa Rica, Arizona, Montana, and Florida). Attendees come from nations far and wide — including Australia, Iceland, Italy, Ecuador and many more.
- Industry service providers and other B2B vendors
- Pre-arranged 1:1 meetings with fellow FTA members
- Special networking events, including a private Jeep Safari in Custer State Park
- Presentations, panel discussions and interactive workshops by FTA members and industry luminaries
- Sponsored dinners and lunches, events at local attractions, including a closing reception and FTA Honors dinner on Wednesday, October 23rd at the iconic Mt. Rushmore
- Fly in/out of Rapid City, South Dakota
- Summit will take place at the beautiful Custer State Park Resort
- The Summit kicks off Monday, October 21st, so plan to arrive that morning or on Sunday, October 20th
- The Summit concludes with a special dinner/FTA Honors Ceremony on October 23rd, so plan to depart on the 24th, or stay to enjoy more of this amazing region
The FTA Summit has become the preeminent industry event to network with family-focused suppliers, travel agents and media professionals. Learn what’s shaping family travel, meet with A-List travel media, share best practices, access both consumer and trade research, and help promote your family-focused products to the travel industry’s influencers and decision-makers.