Are you interested in becoming an employee-owner in your next job opportunity? World Travel, Inc. is 100% owned by our employees. Being part of an employee-owned company supports local communities, retains jobs, and ensures World Travel’s legacy for future decades, including our commitment to providing world-class service to our clients. By demonstrating the following values, we nurture a culture of integrity and trust: We care, We are honest, We are curious, We are knowledgeable, We are innovative, We are fun, We do the right thing.
Travel Consultant, After Hours
Senior Leadership Team Leader
EVP of Operations and Strategic Planning
Operations Team Manager
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Participate fully as a team member to assist as needed in completing all functions relating to servicing customers
- Research and provide solutions to travel-related problems clients experience
- Keep fully informed about all airline rules and regulations, tariffs (domestic) and other industry requirements and accurately apply this information when making travel arrangements
- Follow World Travel, Inc. procedures, guidelines, and standards in areas of customer service, building Passenger Name Records (PNRs) and profiles, ticketing, utilization of management information systems, productivity, attendance, and accuracy of work
- Must be able to work under pressure
- During emergency situations and/or poor weather conditions, ensure coverage of client needs
- Keep informed on all US Federal travel regulations and requirements pertaining to US government contractors, including FAR and Fly America
- Maintain a high level of competency in operating the global distribution system (GDS)
- Attend staff and training meetings (virtual or in-person) for ongoing updates in the travel industry, office procedures and company updates
- Ensures optimal customer service through effective use of WTI phone systems and following WTI phone standards.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all potential problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
- Demonstrate strong customer service orientation (internal and external); diplomacy and tact required in contact with clients, vendors, and co-workers; courteous, professional phone manner
- Must work well independently
- Exercise good judgment
Competency and Position Requirements
- Arrange complex domestic and international travel for corporate client(s), including air, car rental, hotel, other ground transportation, transfers, etc.
- Advise client of international travel requirements and concerns (passport, visa, inoculations, etc.)
- Ensure thorough understanding of client travel policy, guidelines, authorization requirements, procedures, etc.
- Maintain a strong, productive relationship with the client
- Maintain a strong, productive relationship with relevant travel suppliers
- Counsel client on traveler safety considerations, government travel regulations, preferred supplier support, savings opportunities, and logistical routings and options
- Research and resolve en-route traveler service concerns as soon as possible
- Continually provide excellent customer service
- Utilize time management skills to efficiently organize and process workload during designated shift times.
- Project a mature and professional demeanor when interacting with departmental personnel and clients.
Education And Experience Requirements
High School or equivalent education is required; completion of accredited travel school program and some college is preferred. 3 -5 years’ experience as a travel agent is required; 3-5 years’ experience in corporate travel environment preferred. Proficiency in MS Office preferred particularly Outlook, Word and Excel. Familiarity with corporate online booking tools is preferred.
Quality And Quantity Standards
Minimum 200 transactions monthly.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals are required to sit for extended periods of time, e.g., an 8-hour shift with appropriate break periods. Individuals will be required to work at a desk or other work space with a dual-monitor computer and telephone. Individuals are required to answer the telephone and type on the computer’s keyboard. Headsets for the telephone are available. Individuals are required to reach above shoulder height, below the waist, and lift items as required to file documents or store materials in a drawer or overhead bin throughout the day. Proper lifting techniques are required.
Individuals are required to travel on a regular basis beyond their home office to prospective customer meeting locations as required.
To maneuver around the office, individuals are required to walk on a level surface, periodically and as necessary, throughout the day.
Working Conditions; Schedule:
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
World Travel, Inc.’s offices are traditional corporate offices.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment are as found in a typical corporate office environment.
This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as is reasonable.
After Hours Agents Have Several Shifts
6pm - 1am
What shift works for you? 3 - 12 hour overnight shifts, 4- 10 hour shifts. Weekends only. You must be able to work at least one weekend night.
What hours are you looking for in After Hours?