Position Summary: The Account Manager, US & Canada - Global Member Partnerships has an overall goal to support the team and members in achieving annual network sales and engagement goals and to help deliver maximum benefits for the Members. This will be done by partnering with the team and Member Agency Owners/Managers to create an engagement and growth plan for each agency that aligns with the global business plans created by Virtuoso. The Account Manager will manage the day-to-day service and support for members, develop and maintain member reports and data, manage department communications and materials, assist in scheduling team and member meetings as well as events, and provide overall account management support.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Provide outstanding member service and serve as day-to-day account liaison and assess needs of accounts. Provide account management support for Vice President, Director, and Regional Directors as appropriate. Manage and respond to questions/issues/inquiries from Members. Collaborate with VP, Director or RD and Agency Owner and Management to align their growth and profitability plans with Virtuoso's sales, professional development and marketing programs. Conducts member visits as needed.
- Support increasing Members production with Virtuoso Preferred Partners, usage of virtuoso.com, the Virtuoso Travel Academy, increasing engagement with Virtuoso marketing, participation in Virtuoso Events, and Agency Services.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new members onboarding, supporting growth in the US and Canada. Help manage new members/branches to increase growth, involvement and engagement in the network.
- Proactive call-outs to specified Members with a focus on engagement and ensuring Member Agencies are effectively utilizing Virtuoso resources, engaging with preferred suppliers, and participating in Virtuoso meetings.
- Member Communications:
- Develop, manage, and maintain Owner/Manager and Department content on Virtuoso Website.
- Develop and maintain documentation, collateral and presentations for member sales calls and events.
- Develop content and create Executive Update/department bi-weekly communication and other member communications.
- Coordinate with Corporate Communications on campaigns and customized messages to agency owners/managers and advisors.
- Develop, manage and maintain distribution list for all Owner/Manager communications.
- Represent the team on internal and member committees including managing communications, roll out plans, reporting and documentation.
- Assist in developing Member Agency Business Summaries, Strategic Collaboration Process and recommendations to support the Global Member Partnership team in maximizing Member Engagement.
- Develops and manages reports and department databases to track Member attendance for Virtuoso events, member meetings, revenue, segmentation, contacts, and allocations.
- Increase travel advisor preferred supplier sales and engagement and increase the number of travel advisors involved in sales and development programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with agency owners, managers and advisors in order to effectively communicate member needs to the Virtuoso organization.
- Actively engage members through programs such as focus groups, interactive sessions, and agency meetings. Assist in conducting research and surveys with Members in the US and Canada and create supporting reports to provide information needed for developing meeting agendas and content, program recommendations, database audit, and develop new programs, products and services.
- Provide feedback from Members to help Virtuoso departments adapt services, benefits, and products needed to fulfill Member and consumer needs. Liaison with Virtuoso Professional Development, Agency Services and Global Preferred Product departments for coordinating campaigns, marketing, training/professional development opportunities, and Member Communications.
- Department Support: Provide support for the Vice President, Director and Regional Directors as requested, including scheduling and coordination of meetings, distribution of agendas, taking and distributing meeting notes.
- Travel may be required both domestic and international
Educational and Skills Requirements:
- College degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Highly motivated, results driven Account Manager with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within diverse organization.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve independently in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills in working with a variety of customer needs and skills, ranging from visionary company owners to detail-oriented back office accountants. Ability to relate well to individuals on one-to-one basis, including in telephone relationships and larger group presentation settings.
- 5+ years Travel Industry Sales or Account Management/Customer Service experience required; CTA/CTC preferred.
- Experience with or working knowledge of selling to Travel Agencies is desired.
- Proven ability to work independently, must be a self-starter, self-motivated.
- Highly proficient in MSWord, Outlook with a strong emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to successfully multitask, prioritize, and problem solve in fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Type/Nature of Contacts:
External: Daily contact with agency owners/managers, front-Line advisors, vendors and partners, industry organizations and prospective Members
Internal: Daily contact with Virtuoso management and staff
Virtuoso offers a competitive salary and full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life, a company matched 401(k) savings plan, and more. Virtuoso is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce.