Virtuoso is the leading international travel agency network specializing in luxury and experiential travel. The by-invitation only organization comprises over 1,000 travel agency locations with 20,000 elite travel advisors in over 50 countries through North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Drawing upon its preferred relationships with over 1,800 of the world's best hotels and resorts, cruise lines, airlines, tour companies and premier destinations, the network provides its upscale clientele with exclusive amenities, rare experiences and privileged access.
Position Summary: The Coordinator, LAC (Latin America/Caribbean), supports the Global Member Partnerships LAC team in providing day-to-day service and support for member accounts, develops and maintains member reports and data, manages department communications, schedules team meetings and events, and provides overall account management support. This position serves as a link with Virtuoso departments making sure Virtuoso programs and services are successful in the region. The Coordinator has an overall goal to support the team in achieving annual network sales and engagement goals and to help deliver maximum benefits for the Members.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in developing Member Agency Business Summaries and recommendations to support the Global Member Partnership LAC team in maximizing member engagement.
- Provide account management support for Director and Regional Managers.
- Provide outstanding member service and serve as day-to-day account liaison for assigned accounts. Own and manage issues/inquiries from members as well as responding to questions/inquiries regarding all sales, marketing, and operational issues raised. Help create and manage documentation, collateral and presentations for member sales calls and events.
- Develops reports and manages department databases to track member attendance for Virtuoso events, member strategy meetings, revenue, segmentation, contacts, and allocations.
- Coordination of Virtuoso Travel Week Global and local versions, Symposium, ILTM and member events for department and members including scheduling appointments, table assignments, communications, registration assistance and collateral.
- Member Communications:
- Develop, manage, and maintain owner/manager and department content on Virtuoso websites.
- Responsible for developing, managing and maintaining lists for bi-weekly newsletter and other owner/manager communications.
- Develop content and create Executive update/department bi-weekly communication and other member communications.
- Coordinate with Corporate Communications on campaigns and customized messages to agency owners/managers and advisors.
- Represents the team on internal and member committees including managing communications, roll out plans, reporting and documentation.
- Increase travel advisor preferred supplier sales and engagement and increase the number of travel advisors involved in sales and development programs.
- Conducts research and surveys in LAC and develops supporting reports to assist with the development of meeting content, program recommendations, database audits, and developing new programs, member benefits, products, and services.
- Supervises proactive call-outs to members with a focus on their engagement and ensuring member agencies are effectively utilizing Virtuoso resources, engaging with preferred suppliers, and participating in Virtuoso meetings.
- Provide feedback from LAC Team and members to help Virtuoso departments adapt services, benefits, and products needed to fulfill member and consumer needs. Liaison with Virtuoso Professional Development, Agency Services and Global Preferred Product departments for coordinating campaigns, marketing, training/professional development opportunities, and member communications.
- Department support: Provide support for the Director and Regional Managers as requested, including scheduling and coordination of meetings, distribution of agendas, taking and distributing meeting notes.
- Travel may be required both domestic and international.
Educational and Skills Requirements:
- College degree in business, marketing or related field preferred
- 5+ years travel industry sales or account management/customer service experience required
- Fluency in or strong working knowledge of Spanish language, oral and written, mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within diverse organization
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve independently in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent communication skills in working with a variety of customer needs and skills, ranging from visionary company owners to detail-oriented back office accountants.
- Ability to relate well to individuals on one-to-one basis, including telephone relationships and larger group presentation settings
- Experience with or working knowledge of selling to Travel Agencies is desired
- Highly proficient in MSWord, Outlook with a strong emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- CTA/CTC preferred
Type/Nature of Contacts:
External: Daily contact with agency owners/managers, front-Line advisors, vendors and partners, industry organizations and prospective Members.
Internal: Daily contact with Virtuoso management and staff.
Virtuoso offers a competitive salary and full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life, a company matched 401(k) savings plan, and more. Virtuoso is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce.