Virtuoso is the leading international travel agency network specializing in luxury and experiential travel. The by-invitation only organization comprises over 1,000 travel agency locations with 20,000 elite travel advisors in over 50 countries through North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Drawing upon its preferred relationships with 1,700 of the world's best hotels and resorts, cruise lines, airlines, tour companies and premier destinations, the network provides its upscale clientele with exclusive amenities, rare experiences and privileged access.
Position Summary: The Facilitator, Cruise Sales Programs, is responsible for engaging and supporting Virtuoso members with the goal of improving their cruise sales through the Virtuoso Elevate Program, Virtuoso Voyages Community Program, and other cruise sales initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Oversees all logistical aspects for Virtuoso's Cruise Sales talent development programs with a specific focus on the four Virtuoso Elevate cruise teams, as well as assistance with the Virtuoso Voyages Community program.
- Acts as a liaison between participating cruise lines and agencies to create business plans and goals for each participating advisor/agency. Applying effective interpersonal and listening skills, this position will help identify ways to provide personalized business planning and encouragement.
- Manages and shares monthly production reporting for each participating advisor and agency.
- Manages program marketing initiatives, working with members to ensure the program benefits are delivered, and used to drive sales.
- Works with marketing team to proof and provide feedback if necessary, for Virtuoso Marketing products associated with the Cruise Sales programs.
- Co-organizes special events which include individual events for each cruise line, as well as annual events that will occur during Virtuoso Travel Week. Additional assistance may be required for other off-site seminars to help promote the various Virtuoso Cruise Sales products, programs and exclusive benefits.
- Researches and organizes guest speakers for the Virtuoso Elevate Program.
- Acknowledges, researches and responds to questions and inquiries from both members and participating suppliers.
- Builds strong relationships through consistent communication with designated account contacts, ensuring consistent flow of information between Virtuoso and supplier.
- Manages, moderates and maintains messaging on the Virtuoso Connect social media platform for the four Elevate teams on Virtuoso.com.
- Responsible for communicating the supplier's current promotions, available inventory, special offers, and advisor incentives on a bi-monthly basis.
- Possible travel required, both domestic and International.
Educational and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree highly desired
- 3+ years account management experience preferred; experience in travel industry preferred
- Work history reflecting ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with excellent judgment and initiative
- Strong product and promotion creation ability
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong business writing skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to organize and conduct professional client meetings and presentation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Proficiency with GoToWebinar and Zoom platforms
Type / Nature of Contacts:
External: Daily contact with preferred cruise suppliers and members.
Internal: Daily contact with Virtuoso staff and Cruise Sales Team.
Virtuoso offers a competitive salary and full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life, a company matched 401(k) savings plan, and more. Virtuoso is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce.